ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Iceberg ahead

Balders172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
And she's back together!!!

So happy with the overall work I've done to the car, I have a few more bits yet to do however this little beast is very very mechanically sound!

Just a quick pic of the dirty biatch posing its new stance!

I'll be using the next few nights to bed everything in but first on the list is tracking booked for the morning.

Then once everything has settled in a can put the turinis on
IMG_6203.JPG

Balders172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Started this morning off bright and early taking the car to get it tracking done.

Here's a before
IMG_6283.JPG

The garage was pretty impressed considering I've had the front end apart however as you can see it still needs some correcting...

So this is after!
IMG_6284.JPG

As you can also see the rear now has a slight camber which I'm guessing is due to the cooksports. Can someone confirm or advise on this? Would shims bring that back out or should I not bother?

On the drive home the car felt so much tighter and handles like a dream! I did notice some swquealing from the front brakes however and this was doing my head in. Back home and the father in law came over to help re-grease the calipers which help to stop this!

Whilst he was doing the brakes I was protecting the wheels and coating the tyres with some Gtechniq products I was recommended!
IMG_6229.JPG

Wheels done and tyres dressed I decided to give the car a good clean after all it had been sitting for almost 4 months!

There's some outstanding bits I need to do which include the following.

- Fit the iceberg cup spoiler I won on eBay last night!
- order and fit shims if advised.
- order a new radio and speakers
- for a new crank sensor and wiring
- keep on the lookout for some recaros
- have the car detailed by a pro.

Here are a few pics to leave you with for now, thanks for looking!
IMG_6261.JPG

IMG_6254.JPG

IMG_6240.JPG

IMG_6248.JPG

IMG_6269.JPG

IMG_6267.JPG

IMG_6277.JPG

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Cracking effort that mate looks spot on and it really suits the silver turinis. I’m very jealous of the size of your garage!!

Balders172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Cracking effort that mate looks spot on and it really suits the silver turinis. I’m very jealous of the size of your garage!!
Cheers mate, I was going to go anthracite but then it would of been to similar to my old 182.

Balders172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I was wondering if anyone could advise one the following.

After the brake rebuild I have kept the shims in place could this be causing them to squeal? I have tried re greasing twice now.

Balders172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Sorry for the double/triple post can anyone advise on the above before I remove the brakes again.

Would anyone also be able to help on what shims I would need on the back to bring the camber back?

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Sorry for the double/triple post can anyone advise on the above before I remove the brakes. Would anyone also be able to help on what shims I would need on the back to bring the camber back?
Personally I would not bother with shims on the rear. How many miles have you done on the front brakes? Might be worth running around and letting them bed in a bit before removing again.
Car looks really smart. Well impressed.

Balders172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Personally I would not bother with shims on the rear. How many miles have you done on the front brakes? Might be worth running around and letting them bed in a bit before removing again.
Car looks really smart. Well impressed.
Ah ok, I will give them some time to bed in.

I have noticed once warm the squeal reduces, I have done around 60 -75 miles so far.

I also managed to get an iceberg spoiler!
IMG_6317.JPG

IMG_6324.JPG

I'm slightly
disappointed with the colour match it seems to have a tad more gold fleck in the paint, I have since bought another off here which i'll get sprayed up to see if I can get more of a match.

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I would give it at least 200 miles unless its really bad. I actually quite like the original spoilers as the brake light is the same as the one in the trophy spoiler and looks more modern.