ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ICE install...help/opinions?

No more clio's for me!
Basically what shall i do...currently my ICE looks like this...

IMG_2560.jpg

But i want to smarten it up a bit, still need to keep it practical or work purposes etc, i can still get my golf clubs in the boot with that sub in which is good, but it looks messy. Any ideas on what i should do with it? Wanna give it go my self, but probably won't be this side of FCS :)

Advice and opinions welcome...pics may help me out too ;)

well wot can i say if da sub is a 12inch den der many fins u can do try buildin a custom corner build 1 side den u will still ave loads space in ur boot any mo help wb!

hope this helps

ALY

Focus RS & Clio 172
Consider buying a newer sub that runs in a smaller box. Those old Kenwood ones take up loads of space.

Running the speaker wires up the parcel shelf supports, popping some quick release connectors on and spinning the 6x9's round 180 degrees so the terminals are on shelf side would hide the wires going to them, make it a little neater.

Screw your amp to the back of the box in the dead space between that and the seats to hide it or screw it to big bit of wood the shape/size of your boot carpet then lay another over it (mind and space the amp depth gap with blocks of wood), cut out a pretty shape above the amp and hey presto, a mini boot build...

172 coming soon
If you want it to sound good, ditch the 6x9s and sell them, buy a set of components with crossovers, and a decent amp to power them, and mount that amp in the boot too, to make it part of the feature..

Also, i would suggest staying away from a custom made box, unless you really REALLY know what your at, as this can seriously affect the sound of the sub, depth of the bass, and the frequencies that it drops to..

What about getting a smaller sub box (find out what size of box is recommended for your sub, and look into that), cos im sure that sub doesnt need such a large enclosure.. If ya done that, it would leave you with alot more room so ya could have it all on show, and still be left with boot space.

Another idea would be a smaller box situated on 1 side of the boot, and have the AMP mounted in a false floor, with a perspex screen showing it off (with the aid of neons under the perspex too).. A subtle, and tidy touch ;)

ALY

Focus RS & Clio 172
slow_assed_clio said:
What about getting a smaller sub box (find out what size of box is recommended for your sub, and look into that), cos im sure that sub doesnt need such a large enclosure..

It does, I used to run a couple of these in my first Saxo about 7 or 8 years ago. They were cheap as chips considering the sound they could knock out but the enclosures they needed were huge, didn't leave much space for amps.

Mind and pop a fan in to vent the space the amp is in if you end up using perpex over the amp, or it'll get a bit warm under there and your amp will go all toasty and cut out.

laying the box on its back and mounting the sub arse out with a false floor levelling off the box would look good if that makes sense, would also leave room for the shopping if you mount the amps under the floor