ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I want genuine 200bhp. What company!!

Liquid yellow R27
Where shall I go yo get my Clio tuned as I have read a few places say it's 200bhp and it ain't I want real figures! Thanks

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Where shall I go yo get my Clio tuned as I have read a few places say it's 200bhp and it ain't I want real figures! Thanks

Why 200 as a figure specifically? Potentially, that can be a lot of ££££ for not much gain, imo. I'd personally aim for much higher figures and forced induction...

D.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
You have bought the wrong car if you want 200bhp.

Why are you chasing figures anyway? Mates in the pub?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Why? If you're determined to spend money on chasing power, drive a few cars and decide which setup to go for, or at least passenger rides.
But if powers your aim, you've got the wrong car.

Liquid yellow R27
well bbr do the 202 pack for about 900 quid would that not be good then na ive had loads of cars i just love throwing this lil clio round i just wanna keep it n/a but near 200bhp... i will buy another car when im bored of this one thanks!!!!!!! wouldnt cams, matched inlet, air filter, exhuast, remapp get near that 195bhp

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
You mean morego? Lol. I've driven one of those cars (their own demo 182). No way 202bhp, not even close. I'd be surprised if it broke the 190 barrier in all honesty. To get close to 200, you need to budget roughly twice that. But don't get hung up on the number 200, utter mugs game.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
£900 for 202bhp?

I just re posted it so everyone could see.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
well bbr do the 202 pack for about 900 quid would that not be good then na ive had loads of cars i just love throwing this lil clio round i just wanna keep it n/a but near 200bhp... i will buy another car when im bored of this one thanks!!!!!!! wouldnt cams, matched inlet, air filter, exhuast, remapp get near that 195bhp

BBR/Morego. ROFL. The new LAD iirc.

Do a search. I know of a Morego 202 that was rolling roaded recently at less than standard bhp ... great way to spend £1500. Not.

I suggest using the search function tbh, this gets asked at least 15 times a day, & im too lazy to type up a detailed post on the subject.

For a true 200bhp, the easiest/cheapest approach is Colombo & Barini camshafts & a JMS RS2+ inlet. Will cost about £2.5k

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You mean morego? Lol. I've driven one of those cars (their own demo 182). No way 202bhp, not even close. I'd be surprised if it broke the 190 barrier in all honesty. To get close to 200, you need to budget roughly twice that. But don't get hung up on the number 200, utter mugs game.
It's probably 182bhp considering they started with about 172.

are morego not very correct then with there figures

Have a read:

Last week a customer contacted me expressing an interest in carrying out an RS2 Manifold conversion on his 182 to complement the 202 bhp he already had. I found it intriguing that at no point with a £1600 package had he been provided with any sort of graph demonstrating the cars raised output.

Last week he came over to us and we took the car to a local RR that we implement for all of our development work so I could attain a bench mark / gather data from the car before we can began work on it.

I had already prepared the unfortunate chap for the eventuality that his car would not make 202 bhp with the work the package includes (reground cams, live remap, exhaust & a sports filter). I was however still expecting 190 ish at a push (as per mild cams *usual* results)

Anyway:

Morego202.JPG

(the blank space in the info boxes are simply where I have removed the numbeplate info used for the file names.)

Most worryingly the chap had added matched inlets after the 202 conversion had been completed, so I expect the true figure the car left MG with would have been even lower!

The graph appeared strangely similar to a stock car (albeit lightly tuned), so we pulled up a graph from our database of our own 182 (blue lines) around a year ago for comparison:

Morego2020001.JPG

The car has none of the characteristic changes in torque delivery I would expect from a different cam profile. I wonder if anything has actually be done internally? The only thing that stops me from comitting to this train of thought 100% is that the car has the characteristic 'tappiness' of a reground cam.

Anyway I have posted this up as it frustrates me more than anything. With this sort of tuning going on no wonder people refer to tuning cars a being a 'mugs game', it not only screws over an individual, it also damages the faith people carry in the industry. :dapprove:

Liquid yellow R27
ye i red that but everyones cars are different aint they but ye i thought it sounded too good to be true i dont want exactly 200 just near that would be cool but if its guna cost me that much i might aswell just get a few second hand bits and a remap see what figures i get maybe some second hand itb's that must add 20bhp surly

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
What else have you done to the car? What sort of use does it get (ie purely road, track, mixture etc)?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
ye i red that but everyones cars are different aint they but ye i thought it sounded too good to be true i dont want exactly 200 just near that would be cool but if its guna cost me that much i might aswell just get a few second hand bits and a remap see what figures i get maybe some second hand itb's that must add 20bhp surly

And again.

For a true 200bhp, the easiest/cheapest approach is Colombo & Barini camshafts & a JMS RS2+ inlet. Will cost about £2.5k

Or read Russ_16v's project thread.

Why second hand out of interest?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Why do you want 200bhp anyway?

On a dry day R888's will add 200bhp to your cars speed over ground.
Tuition will add another 100bhp.
And having a sh1t before you drive will add another 50bhp.

Add them all together and you have a clio with over 500bhp.

E36 M3 Evo, Clio 172
i was like this with my civic type r i wanted to get it to at least 220 bhp and i worked it out and i just aint worth so ive sold up and im saving for and evo 8 or an E43 M3 best way logically

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Why are R888's cheating?

It's kind of a joke fella. But at the same time, I don't understand people that go out to be quicker than the next man on a track day.
888's give a lot more grip, so more wear on all suspension and braking components, pointless for me. I like the added responsiveness from the stiffer sidewall, but that's why I'd run rs2's over r888's. You get the responsiveness without the massive grip.

260% JCW
It's kind of a joke fella. But at the same time, I don't understand people that go out to be quicker than the next man on a track day.
888's give a lot more grip, so more wear on all suspension and braking components, pointless for me. I like the added responsiveness from the stiffer sidewall, but that's why I'd run rs2's over r888's. You get the responsiveness without the massive grip.

And the difference in cost. R888's are silly money.