ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I want another RS

PH1 iceburg
I just cant take it anymore, i miss my clio too much. I sold it back in september 09 to fund our wedding

DSC00302.jpg

I decided to get a run around and loked for a mk5 fiesta zetec s, i stumbled across this beauty. However i had it fo 2 months and it just didnt make me smile.

DSC00916.jpg

I then decided to look for an old mk3 astra gsi,mainly because my other halfs dad works for vauxhall and could get pars and do work on it/ Not that it needed any as it has only covered 52k, bodywork is mint. We changed the cambelt auxbelt and water pump to be on the safe side. I also managed to find some rare irmscher 16" wheels for a bargain on e bay.

DSC01219.jpg

My problem is that i find myself constantly looking back at RS's for sale. I really miss the fun factor. I am really considering selling the GSI now and looking for a mint exclusive or PH1.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Fun wise 106gti's are a laugh just with a little less power. I missed my 172cup and ended up with a 182cup 6 months later but now after a year i'm in need of a change again, so just make sure it's what ya really want.

arctic 182 ff
im in the same boat as you i currently have a mk3 sport with an xe,my clio was sold for improvements on the house and at the min im currently looking all the time at rs's :(

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Not being funny by RS's arnt worth that much anyway? So why didn't you just keep it? :p

PH1 iceburg
I wasnt actually going to get another car and i put it up at at quite a high price and the first person to see it gave me the asking price. After about a month i got bored and started to look for something cheaper.

Truth is i missed cleaning them too much

120d M Sport
You said you missed your Fiesta in my thread the other week too!

All 3 look tidy to me, the Astra not much fun to drive then?

PH1 iceburg
I miss all the cars i have had but nothing comes close to the clio and i compare everything to it.

PH1 iceburg
The last run of special editions (500) didnt come with vents. Apparently vauxhall werent going to make them but realised they had loads of parts left so made a limited run with diferent rear spoiler, skirts (irmscher), no vents, and the eco tec engine.

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
How come the GSi has no bonnet vents? Or was that just an earlier model thing.

Earlier 150BHP models had the vents. This one has the Ecotec motor in it if im not mistaken?

Have got a redtop in the garage that will go in nicely.