ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

i want a new clio!!!

Clio
as above

ive got a 1.2 8v treg clio an well its to slow for me tbh. and i dont see the point in spending money on it to make it move a bit quicker. iam thinking about getting a 1.4 16v (iam only 17 an i had a bit of bump so insurance is a biggey atm) so what would you recomend, and a sorta newish one 2002+ how much would i be looking at for the car ??

Thanxs Dom:rasp:

133/225/CLS AMG
You could try going for a 1.2 16v as they're about 10bhp up on the 8v engines. Also insurance will still be low.

The 1.4 engines are fairly nippy though, my mum had one and it was good fun. :D

Golf R soon...
Here you go fella!

From http://www.parkers.co.uk

Renault Clio (01 on)
1.4 16V Expression + 3d 2002/02
Average mileage 40,000 miles
Original Price £8,795
Franchised Dealer £4,510
Independent Dealer £4,220
Private Good £3,585
Private Poor £2,700
Part Exchange £3,145

TT
when i take my mods off im selling it in march for £7000 (so get about £6800 ish) which is what glasses guide says.

its 05 1.4 extreme 16,600 miles, so they're about 4000-7000 depending how new etc your looking

Clio
kool, ive just done a qoute for a 1.4 16v an it was £300 cheaper, reali dont get how that works but iam 18 in 2 months aswell so mite go do again (fingers crossed) as my 1.2 is £1600 fully comp atm which is a reali piss take. thanxs people !!!

Dom

ps if anyone is selling up soon pm me or sumin plz thanxs

BG182®
looks nice mate. find out if its the 16v version tho as the the 8v ones are 75bhp and the 16v are about 100bhp.

Clio
ive just emailed him, so hopefully should get sumthing bk soon, wat would u say would b gd to give it a bit extra power???
Thanxs Dom

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
the 16v are 14bhp more ent they, 60bhp to 74 i think so would be a fairly big diff plus with a few mods to make it sound nice lol.

would u pay more insurance just because of the 14brake or would it be the same due to it being a 1.2

clio 1.4 petrol
my first car i got about 6 months ago was a clio 1.4 rt mk2 ph1 and for a first car its magic... gonna be selling it in about 5 months but suppose thats no use to you. but ye go for the 1.4 if u can.

visualize whirled pe
^
Would have loved a clio 1.4 as my first car.

I rekon the one you found on pistonheads looks nice, even the standard alloys look ok. At a passing glance it's not too different to mine (1.6 16v RSi) The ph1 shape is a nice looking motor, esp in black.