ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I NEED a 172!!!!!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
MX5's are great drivers cars btw (read Evo they confirmed what was already well known in the first place)

I dont personally like them but thats my personal choice.

(Even though Cosworth now do a tuning package for the new one which launches it to 60 in 5.5 seconds lol....)

Clio 197 08
The more i come on here the more it annoys me that in a club like this people just cant be happy and supportive with each other! This guy is going from a 1.2 to a 2.0! It is going to be quick! Whatever u drive there will always be something quicker though! Im glad you found the 172 can put a smile on your face mate! They are very agile fun little cars! Keep us updated when you find one!

180.5 bhp 172
The more i come on here the more it annoys me that in a club like this people just cant be happy and supportive with each other! This guy is going from a 1.2 to a 2.0! It is going to be quick! Whatever u drive there will always be something quicker though! Im glad you found the 172 can put a smile on your face mate! They are very agile fun little cars! Keep us updated when you find one!

Thanks buddy :)

Yeah it is an awesome car that im sure I won't get bord of for a long long time!

Just have to find the right one!

Nick

I went from a 2litre GTi to the 172, and it felt a lot quicker. Can't imagine going from a 1.2, I can understand it would feel very very quick tbh.

RB FF 182
i <3 mx5's :p

Was a tossup with a 1.8 eunos/mx5 and the 182...

Only reason i picked the clio was because it was newer!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Doubt it would annihilate in the twisties, but the clio would annihilate on the straights.:cool: Simple as that mate!
MX5 would have got through the corners fast enough to not need the speed on the straights ;)

Although i would have a clio over one anyday there is no denying its a capable car... They can also look s**t hot with a few mods AND aren't expensive to charge either.

013.jpg

RS 172+
Right... I'm an 'oldie' to most on here (I am 54), so bear with me!

I have owned many cars in my time, before buying my 172 last February I was running my 3rd Golf GTI.

I can tell you that the 172 is definitely the most fun car to drive than anything I have owned before. No it's not the quickest 0-60 on the planet (though it does beat 90% of most stuff out there) and the top speed isn't exceptional. It rattles and shakes, it's noisy, it needs a lot of regular TLC, but for now, it's the most enjoyable drive I have ever had.

If it's fun you are after (and surprising the sh1t out of Mr.Mondeo).. you will have the time of your life in an RS ;)

Good luck.

320d
Good luck finding one mate. I can't wait to get mine. TBH i've never driven one, i'm buying it blind tbh, well not blind because I know its a good car but I won't drive it before buying it due to insurance, my dad will be doing that for me.

I realy can't wait to warm it up, point it towards a nice section of dual carraigeway, put it in 2nd and put the pedal to the floor.

Then move on to some b roads where they are suposed to be driven, will be very cautious at 1st though, big change from a 1.2

172 Cup
Just read this thread, good read lol.. did that mx5 driver in the video have his cap on backwards?? rofl

Demon Racer im excited for you buddy, I'm still rubbin' my hands together everytime I get into my cup and I've owned it for 2 months now :D

You're in for a world of funs.
But do take care on the b roads, the back's the first thing to go, I fully span mine out, only at about 65 mph over a crest a few weeks back, probably because it's so light, I've had my old 325i over the same crest at the same speed and didn't think anything of it. Lucky it was early morning and not much about :eek:

Goodluck finding your new baby!

Epic.

It's all relative in any car. The 182 is quicker than most cars you'll encounter on the run to Sainsburys. By that rationale, it's quick. Coming from a 1.2, it's going to feel rapid. Coming from something genuinely fast, it isn't.

The Khunt doesn't like anything unless it's an MX5 or powered by diesel, so just ignore him. He's a miserable old khunt ;)

Titanium 182
Agree with Roy, there quick compared to 90% of cars on the road but in the grand scheme of things they aren't that quick.