ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

i hit a hedgehog! advice..

M140i/Orange 182
ok, heres the deal, coming home the other night some lazy spikey hedgehog decided today was its day to die....so it did! under my left wheel.

few pics of the damage to my arches.

DSC00089Medium.gif

DSC00091Medium.gif

DSC00090Medium.gif

DSC00092Medium.gif

how much is this gonna cost to get repaired you reckon? i know its only arch lineing but its cracks and f*cked.

for only been a hedgehog it done its worse to say the least.

:S

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
((((poor mr hedgehog))))

((((battered ickle clio))))

I have no idea what it's going to cost mate but hope it isn't too much.

R35 GTR
around £25 for a new arch liner. I paid £50 odd for left and right ones. you need two rubber plug things unless you can get the old ones out without damaging them.

Renaultsport 220T
Think yourself lucky, I hit a squirrel, and the little bugger ripped part of my splitter off. Last thing he ever did though.

:evil:

clio meets bloodsports!

watch out you might upset some members by killing poor cuddly cute hedgehogs!

M140i/Orange 182
^^ meh feck it, stupid hedghog..stupid time to cross the road anyway.

ill get it sorted after magaluf.

RenaultSport clio 182
your lucky you didnt do more damage i hit a cat 2 days after i got mine smashed my fog light and the plastic bit holding it in cost a bomb and had to clean all the blood off the next day

tiTTy & SV650
makes sense to fix it cause if the arch liner wasnt there what more expensive part would the hedgehog have wrecked?

p.s. dont put the wheels over animals, try and get them under the middle of the car, I've ran over hundreds of rabbits, most survive with a wee tweak of the wheel. some aint so lucky.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
rob1226 said:
your lucky you didnt do more damage i hit a cat 2 days after i got mine smashed my fog light and the plastic bit holding it in cost a bomb and had to clean all the blood off the next day

Hedgehog is one thing, but come on.. a cat ??? I hope you tried to avoid it.

RenaultSport clio 182
cliokhunt said:
Hedgehog is one thing, but come on.. a cat ??? I hope you tried to avoid it.
yes i tried to miss it but it ran out at the last second nothing i could do it was at 11pm and dark cat was black so only just saw its eyes at last sec. i felt like crap after that killing somones pet . :(

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Well I hit a deer last week!

I did not even have a chance to brake, suicide style (poor deer)...

Its a real shame I have not seen any deers along the road and have travelled along it for a few years now. Set the air bags off and nuked the front panels, radiator, windscreen etc.....

Its in the bodyshop....... Hope its with me soon... Really gutted for the deer but its not insured so thats my 4 years no claims out the window!

Wish it was a hedgehog. LOL :)

Watch out for the deers guys I saw one on the M4 in the early hours and one ran across a carridge way in central swindon the other day! There out to get motorists!

BMW 330D
ive got a spare wheel arch liner, it has a crack in(beta than that one tho lol). have a look at the part code on it. the last 2 digits on mine are 50

Nissan 350Z
sam101 said:
Well I hit a deer last week!

I VERY nearly hit one once in my Fabia vRS when i had it. Same as you, no time to brake (or react). Luckily for me, it kept running. My underwear went in the bin afterwards.

I had several close calls yesterday, with 3 seagulls, a pheasant and a goat!

tiTTy & SV650
deer are scary, when they come through the windscreen and are still alive they kick out as they panic and have been known to kick the driver to death.

if only deer had 3rd party fire and theft...

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
rory182 said:
deer are scary, when they come through the windscreen and are still alive they kick out as they panic and have been known to kick the driver to death.

if only deer had 3rd party fire and theft...

If Only! :D

Turbos.
Sounds like Subway needs to come down your way for some culling action...

Never even seen a hedgehog on a road, let alone a deer!

tiTTy & SV650
I've only ever seen wild badgers either:

A) at the side of the road looking rather suicidal

B) dead at the side of the road.

Hedgehogs are so well armoured that when they get squashed their insides come out orrifices i.e. they dont burst. so ears, eyes, nose, arse - rank!

I know my roadkill

E91 M Sport
rob1226 said:
yes i tried to miss it but it ran out at the last second nothing i could do it was at 11pm and dark cat was black so only just saw its eyes at last sec. i felt like crap after that killing somones pet . :(

Yeah its really upsetting, I like my neighbours cat. It s***s and pisses all over my front garden, it really would be a shame if it strolled out on to the main road and decided to die... :quiet: ;)

BMW Z4 3.0i
The arch liner is about £25. If you're feeling really lazy like I was and want Renault to fit it too, they carged me 20 mins labour around another £25? Cost me about £50 altogether anyway.

IMO it's worth replacing it. Like someone else said, If your arch liner wasn't there, you might be facing a bill for new shocks or something. Thing of all the crap that gets flung up from your wheels and your nice soft arch liner absorbs all the impact. Plus it's the arch liner getting coated in mud and grime which doesn't corrode, unlike the bodywork behind it! Don't be stingy for the short term, it may cost your big in the long term.

E91 M Sport
GazCB said:
If your arch liner wasn't there, you might be facing a bill for new shocks or something.

You make a good point about protecting the engine bay, etc. But the shocks aren't protected by the arch liner, so that wouldn't make any difference.

When I had no arch liners on my 182, it used to cry tears of mud from the front headlights. lol

Tungy
I hit one a few weeks back. Tried to dodge it but front and rear wheeled it on the left hand side LOL! Poor hedgehog.... no damage to the car though.