ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I HATE the DVLA!

Car tax was due on the car yesterday (totally forgot) so ive gone to tax the car today, The DVLA havent sent me a vehicle tax reminder and ive never had a log book back since ive owned the car 12 months ago! So post office wouldnt tax my car with my insurance docs and MOT cert. i called the DVLA when i got to work and they told me they sent me a V5 for the car last year shortly after i bought it..... and because i dont have this OR the reminder i have to take time off work and drive to my nearest DVLA local office and provide 2 forms of ID (one photo) and £19 for a new V5 and the cost of the tax! i HATE the government and the DVLA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anarchy!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Its your own fault really!

Didnt you think of ringing them a month or so after you hadnt recieved the V5?

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Why didnt you do something about not having a V5 before now ?

A year seems a long time to wait for it to be sent to you :confused:

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

I bought a car 3 weeks ago - V5 on my doorstep yesterday and I was just wonderng where it was.. a year... come on...

Its something i TOTALLY forgot about untill ive had to come and tax it :oops: Still they make it very hard work to tax your car dont they!

Lee

BMW M2C

I didnt get my reminded until yesterday, but I called the DVLA a week ago about it. Instead I went down the post office and took my log book and insurance certificate, thats all you need to tax the car.

Problem is I forgot to put the dam thing in the car so its currently at home!!

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Mine was piece of cake...did it online and got it in the post 2 days later !!

Anyhows,im sure you will find it easier next year !

133/225/CLS AMG

Thats something I could easily forget as well! lol

My mum had the same thing, no tax reminder which basically meant she drove round with no tax for two weeks. Luckily she spoke to them and it was their fault.

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 01 June 2005

I didnt get my reminded until yesterday, but I called the DVLA a week ago about it. Instead I went down the post office and took my log book and insurance certificate, thats all you need to tax the car.

Problem is I forgot to put the dam thing in the car so its currently at home!!

Ive got MOT and INSURANCE here... just dont have a log book! got the new keeper supplement but thats a year old now:(

Lee

BMW M2C

I wanted to do mine online but as the reminder didnt arrive until yesterday I had to spend an hour of my Saturday stood in a queue in the post office.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

OOOhhhh luckiy i saw this!!

have a new one sat downstairs. but havnt put it in the car yet!! and its the 1st today hehehe

better go out when it stops raining!!

and to think.... the coppers doing car checks didnt spot it today!!

The A444 in Coventry is littered with cop bikes, and a new car park is beign used as the VOSA checkpoint!

Mini Cooper S sport

I got my new V5 less than 2 weeks after buying the 182 - on the same day as the letter to say thanks for telling them I dont own the 172 any more.

Having said that, I had to call them about my 172 one cos it hadnt turned up after 4 months (then they sent it to me).

2005 Impreza WRX STI

just taxed mine yesterday for a year £165 ouch!!!! but my local post office are w**k£rs.they wont accept cover notes.thats all i get?i never get a full policy certificate,just cover notes each month.i had mays and junes n they still winged.it took a lot of arguing to sort it out!

hate dvla too though!;)

fat 182

its taken me six mouths to get my v5 off them and lots of phone calls and forms

tryed to charge me £19 quid

cheeky buggers

Trophy 265/500

DVLA are not the value. I called them so many times to tell them they had the date of first registration on my V5 out by one month. Finally I got bored and said basically "although its got a personal plate, it was first registered as an 04. Are you maintaining you gave a car a provisional 04 plate in March 2004? I will not call you again, sort it." 3 days later, I had a new V5 with the correct date.

Dont shout and scream, just try to escalate it and play the system, youll get there in the end.

I bought my car about 4 weeks ago and a few phonecalls later in still havnt got the V5... b*****d thing is: without it I can get the tax... therefore I cant drive it
4 weeks of just looking at it sat on the drive.... :(