ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I hate renault - full renault report details FAO rentech

Racing Blue 182
I hate renault - help

Just took the car in today as the esp and service light keep coming on

They called me to say they have fixed it and its was due to my lowered suspension, so they have had to reset it so thats its balance properly or something.

They want to charge me £76 fuckin quid for re-settign the sensor

Does this sound correct what they have told me?

Also, my exaust is knocking like mad, and its because the rear exhaust rubbers are fucked, they have told me they are meant to look disintigrated so wont fix it.

Ahhg

I dont want to pay this £76. so does it sound like they are screwing me over?

My car still has a years warranty btw

Black/Gold 182
Re: I hate renault - help

My lights come on when I take a long fast corner (like a motorway junction) and mine's totally standard so they may be making it up. Haven't got it looked at yet though

My esp and serv light was on the other month id say absolutlely nothing to do with lowered suspension, might be wrong though my fault was some sort of switch, brake light switch or something like that!?!

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

why did they do the work without advising of the cost first?

Racing Blue 182

why did they do the work without advising of the cost first?

They say when you go in the garage, if we find tha fault is nothing to do with a warrenty issue, we will charge you. Obviously im just like yeh woteva thinking its to do with warranty

Going to get onto renault customer service

Anyone got a pic of the exhuast rubbers on the 182?

If your car is less than 3 years old then anything and everything like that is warranty imo. My car is nearly 3 years old now I had this problem a month ago and had it fully covered under warranty, if they are not going to cover something by warranty then they have to pre warn you so you do not have to pay nout mate!! Get on to customer services...

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member

give reno uk a call. The thing is cos its lowered they can say what they like.
Ive been lucky with renault apart from mot time cos mine is to low to fit on the ramps.
They should really ask before doing work tho

Racing Blue 182

just spoket to renault uk, said nothing they can do and that i will have to take it up with the service manager

Piss take

Time to write to teh CEO again

Mustang, S13, AX GT

how could it be through fault of lowered suspension? that would mean that this light would be on if you had a car full of adult passengers etc, also they should have advised that it is out of warranty before going ahead with the repair.

Clio DCi 65

My car is 3 years old either this month or the next,

Its 2nd hand,

Does this mean i lose my 3 years warantee?

Racing Blue 182
Took the car in as the exhaust is knocking like mad and the 'service' and 'esp' lights keep coming on.

Renault report is as follows;;

''Carried out investigation into sp light on
Carried out clip test and found YAW sensor fault
'M' Carried out fault diagnosis found fault on steering angle sensor parameters incorrect.
Steering and suspension values altered by modifications to the suspension by customer it has been lowered reset angle sensor and road tested fault may reoccur due to the lack of suspension movement and iconsistant body forces affecting YAW sensor.

Carried out road test noise o/s/r possibly due to stiffness of suspension shaking car violently. Exh will move more.''

This was at a charge to me at a cost of £76.38

The car is still under warranty

I never gave them permision to carry out the work at a cost, had i known i would of had it done as suspension needs replacing soon.

The exhaust rubbers are fucked and have been even before the suspension was fitted. They want another £60 + to change the rubbers on my car.

I realy do hate renault.

Rentect - would this be charged at an hours labour? also does it sound reasnable that these error are caused by suspension and should therefore not be covered under warranty your help will be appreciated.

What everyone else veiws

Last edited:
  Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
i think it is a fair price to pay for a lowered car, as your waranty aint worth squat no more, as it has been lowered.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
TBH mate you can' expect Renault to replace stuff on the suspension side of things if you've changed your suspension.

You stroll in there with stock suspension and the same problem and its a different story obviously.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
TBH mate you can' expect Renault to replace stuff on the suspension side of things if you've changed your suspension.

You stroll in there with stock suspension and the same problem and its a different story obviously.

thats what i was thinking also tbh. you summarised it nicely for me.

Racing Blue 182
yeh but the exhaust is nothing to do with the suspension and they never had my permision to carry out work at my expense

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
well if you lowered it, it will affect the engine force on the engine and exhaust, if that makes sense, MORE STRESS on exhaust basically

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
it says from your first post due to the stiffer suspension it will make the exhaust move more.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
yeh but the exhaust is nothing to do with the suspension and they never had my permision to carry out work at my expense

You asked them to investigate a fault which isn't covered by warranty. You bring me a laptop to remove a virus from and I'd charge you as well.

Mondeo STTDCI
Its quite obvious that if you modify the car Renault will say "BYE". The fact they charged you £80.00 to do so would be another matter for me but other than that I wouldnt expect anything.

Balony!! My 182 has been modified slightly I changed my exhaust and put some lowering springs on mine and still have had no problem with warranty claims etc...
Just the other month I also has a rattly air vent that everytime I hit a small bump or groove in the road it would rattle, they changed it no probs even with my mods.
Did you not mention the fact that there is the trophy version which also has uprated firmer suspension?????
Change the exhaust mounts yourself mate its so easy to do, so easy....

You should write a letter, find out the name of the managing director for that dealer tell him about your car and probs then about the official clio trophy and about this site and why they did this check without imforming you of this charge, your car is less than 3 years so it should all be warranty unless told other wise!!!

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
i made my own custom rear exhaust rubber bracket, with them big fat round rubber lumps from halfords, cut the renault rubber out of the brackets and squeezed that in the round halfords thing, and cable tied the rubber bit to the metal bracket, excellent.

Balony!! My 182 has been modified slightly I changed my exhaust and put some lowering springs on mine and still have had no problem with warranty claims etc...
Just the other month I also has a rattly air vent that everytime I hit a small bump or groove in the road it would rattle, they changed it no probs even with my mods.
Did you not mention the fact that there is the trophy version which also has uprated firmer suspension?????
Change the exhaust mounts yourself mate its so easy to do, so easy....

You should write a letter, find out the name of the managing director for that dealer tell him about your car and probs then about the official clio trophy and about this site and why they did this check without imforming you of this charge, your car is less than 3 years so it should all be warranty unless told other wise!!!

The fact that Renault produced the Trophy has no bearing on this! If you put the 2.0 lump from a Renault Sport into a 1.2 Dynamique and took it to Renault they'd say "Go away, this has been modified."

The fact that they make a version of the Clio with that engine is neither here nor there.....

Equally reverse the situation, you take your V6 in and it comes out with 14" steel wheels on it, you question them and they politely tell you that "Renault make a Clio with these wheels so it's all good...." you're not going to say "OK, great, that's good enough for me!"

As I understand it with modifications it's down to luck. Some dealers will not notice, some will turn a blind eye and others will, within their rights, acknowledge the modification and void your warranty!

Fiesta Zetec S
You should write a letter, find out the name of the managing director for that dealer tell him about your car and probs and about this site and why they did this check without imforming you of this charge, your car is less than 3 years so it should all be warranty unless told other wise!!!

Do that and see what they say

but to be honest if you change any part that will "increase" performance how big how small they have no obligation to continue under warrenty.

see what they say if they wont change you stuck paying it but £60 for some exhaust rubbers is daylight robbery, do it yourself :rasp:

another concideration is to ask them to explain how this lowwered suspention actualy effected the car and why the problems where created (being carefull they not ~BS you :) )

other than that you can pay the £80 + £60 because life is expencive :star:

Last edited:
  Mondeo STTDCI
If you put non OE parts on your car the warranty is invalidated. It is as simple as that.

If they agree to do the work then they have either used discretion or didnt notice the work.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
If you put non OE parts on your car the warranty is invalidated. It is as simple as that.

If they agree to do the work then they have either used discretion or didnt notice the work.

im sure they can void it if you change the stereo, alloys etc.. its well known lowering a car should be done with a little more effort that just changing the springs.. on the 5's the rear brake compensator thinks you have a boot full and gives excessive rear brakeing and because most people dont adjust it and stuff it.. im certain there can be some truth that there are sensors are pi55ed due to the lowering, but im not a Renault tech..