ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

i got my car colour coded, not really happy...

it's already bubbling, chipping, flaking etc...

is there anyway to order the plastic mouldings from renault which are already metal? Like say ones for a RS?

Or could you order ones from renault which are a proper material for painting...

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
right i went to a spray shop the other day n he said it would be cheaper for me to buy the RS moulds because there already primed n theres no need to prep them. he said the grey ones on the car may have silicon in them still tiny partical's can effect the paint thus sometimes giving a shag finish after 6month's (flaking, chipping all really simple things) dunno how much they are from renault tho

Dynamique+ 1.4
But if youve got a dynamique or any other model clio, and you want it all colour coded, i.e front and rear plastic panels then buying RS stuff is only the door mouldings, as the front and rear bumpers are different. RS mouldings from renault are gunna rape you. even on ebay they fetch £70 for both sides. A proper decent bodyshop will do them for you, they need to be smoothed and sealed before any paint goes on them.

yeah the rs doesnt even have front and rear mouldings...

So if i ordered some RS side mouldings would they be metal and black? and would they fit a dci 06 dynamique? thanks.

They aren't the same, the non RS ones are plastic and have an orange peel type texture, the RS looks metallic and smooth...

Dyno - how long ago did they do it ?? How long did they guarantee the job for ? If you only had it done recently i'd go back there & show them.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
They aren't the same, the non RS ones are plastic and have an orange peel type texture, the RS looks metallic and smooth...

they are the same, in that they are all made out of plastic.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
You can get urs to look like the RS ones by sanding down the orange peel effect, and thus making it smooth, and less chance of the paint flaking.

Voila.

the RS ones are plastic but smooth

Would these be alot better to order from renault? Would they come coloured or would you need to take it to a paint shop?

I mean at least then it's the correct surface for paint.

Cat - it only got done a month ago or so but ive never really been happy with it.. looks like a really thin coat, pretty half arsed attempt. Definetely not been sanded.

Lotus Elise 111R
It is all in the preparation...is'nt Middo still doing this stuff? His piccies the other day look spot on.

So you can buy the mouldings from Renault which are primed and ready for paint?

that sounds like it would be a much better finish than just painting over the texture.

Can you buy the mouldings like that? I phoned renault and the lad on the phone said we have mouldings but they're just the black plastics you already have on your car..

A white and black one
For the shiny and smooth look you need to have them sanded then do everything else after