ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

i give up!

How the fsck are you supposed to run a power cable from the engine bay into the car? Ive tried removing the PAS reservior and can only move it a centimetre or two away from the body of the vehicle, how on earth are you supposed to get access? Ive looked on inside and found the other end of the grommet but how do you remove it? It wont bloody budge and Im too fearful to use any more force. Im getting really pissed off with my car now, the old orion was a piece of piss by comparison. All I want is to install my old headunit (which has no amps on board). Any help, verbal or physical (Im in Manchester BTW) would be much appreciated. If not then recommend someone to fit it for me. Im at the end of my tether now.... :mad:

what car is it mate?

if its a mk2 clio, just run you hand along the bulk head, engine side, whilst feeding the wire through, it should come out just under the material section behind the battery.

HTH

Ad

its a Mk II 172, its getting it through the bulkhead thats the problem, I cant remove the grommet, nor can I seem to enlarge it.

Silver Fabia vRS

I ran mine through the rubber gromit that is in the passenger footwell. I had to pierce this with a knife and this brings you out in a recess next to the suspension...if i remeber correctly. I lubed up the cable with some baby oil and ran it through the gromit and then fed it into the engine bay then off to the battery.

Going to do some stuff in my BMW soon but luckily the battery is in the boot so no problems about running the cable!

open bonnet, disconnect bonnet release cable, pull into car, remove grommet, place on workbench, drill hold to required size, replace all as before, feed power cable through, pull into engine bay, connect to battery

job done

So how do you disconnect the bonnet release cable? Is the grommet supposed to come out when you pull it? cos it wont fscking budge right now.

I was quoted £40 to run the cable from the passenger footwell to the engine bay, I definately aint paying that! Surely theres someone who can help.

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

Wot I done on my Mk1 172 was to remove the inner wheel arch (plastic clips) and ran the cable up between the soundproofing. Went through the grommet as mentioned above.

If you do it this way, go to ren. and buy some new clips bout 30p each as youll prob break a few.

Problem solved, went to SQ Plus in Trafford Park and got them to run the cable through the grommit. Cost me 20 quid but Id had enough of fooking around. They did a good job too.