ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I fancy a cup

Insignia for sale
Hello mates,

New to ClioSport but not to clio's, had a J reg 1.2 RN as me first car, a J reg 1.2 RL which became a 1.8 8v, then had a 5 turbo.
I'm driving a 1.4 16v Si at the moment, which is great fun, but obviously not that rapid! Fancying a 172 cup very soon, and reckon about a budget of 5 to 5 and a half grand.
I was gona keep the Si and chuck a 172 engine in it, but I don't think there is any point really.
Hope to speak to you all soon and probably catch up with you at meets round Lincs/Cambridgeshire sort of way.

Cheers

Chris :)

Mk4 .:R32
Welcome mate,

172 cup is a good choice. you can pick one up with avg. mileage for around 5k, maybe spend the rest on coilovers!

Looking back, I wish I'd looked into it more, got a 172 cup and got coilovers and bucket seats.

Insignia for sale
Thanks mate, sounds good, from pictures I have seen they seem to sit quite high at the front? Have always wanted a 'hot' clio to be honest, I always wanted a valver, but they are a bit long in the tooth now.

Hyundai i40
hello and welcome to cliosport mate

good choose the 172 cup but i cudnt go without my creature conforts!!

Creature comforts?

I don't miss not having aircon as the fans blow cool air, window also winds down.
Seats are softer and more comfortable over a distance I find.
Can still use my iPod with a tunecast.
If it rains, I put on the wipers, it clears my screen.
I can still see where I'm going without making the silver car appear in front as purple/blue.

Don't let lack of refinement put you off.

I wish I bought mine sooner.

Add some coilovers and this look can be achieved:

DSCF2310-sm.jpg

Insignia for sale
Lol at day, in the summer you always want the windows down anyway!!! And if you go really fast the rain just flys off the windowscreen! Lol!
The lack of refinement won't put me off, thats what I'm after really, I won't be commuting soon, close enough to walk to work, so will be just for fun weekends and evenings! Yours is lovely by the way, what coilovers is that on then?

172 A Cupwork Orange™
Cup's are great its a real drivers car, its raw

i dont miss air con not exactly australia weather in the uk is it
as for xeons who needs them just more to go wrong lol
but lets not get into a debate over what cars best everyone likes the dif versions for there own reasons

personaly i got a cup :)

welcome to cs btw

Mondeo TDCI 130
Creature comforts?

I don't miss not having aircon as the fans blow cool air, window also winds down.
Seats are softer and more comfortable over a distance I find.
Can still use my iPod with a tunecast.
If it rains, I put on the wipers, it clears my screen.
I can still see where I'm going without making the silver car appear in front as purple/blue.

Don't let lack of refinement put you off.

I wish I bought mine sooner.

Add some coilovers and this look can be achieved:

DSCF2310-sm.jpg

Couldnt have put it better myself! DO IT!

000_0857.jpg

000_0860.jpg

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
^^^ sex!

I like the spiderman style mechanical leg thing in the background to!

Last edited:
  Insignia for sale
Hello fellas, thanks for the replies and the pics, definately getting a cup. No doubt in my mind. Due to a change in circumstances, (my cam belt snappin on the way to work this morning), I want/need a cup now, as in this weekend! Have to get to work on Monday!!!! Where do I get one? I have 5 and a half at a push and kinda want one with 55k or less on it really. Askin a lot maybe, any advice is gratefully received!
Cheers
Chris

Insignia for sale
Hello mate, yeah have looked at both, i am just bein a bit arsy really. when the car went tits this mornin, its caught me a bit on the hop really because i have no real way of going seein a new car, obviously apart from public transport, so was just wonderin if there was any in notts/derby/lincolnshire area. have found two in chesterfield, gona try barter with them tomorrow a wee bit. don't want to take the piss though because i know how good these cars are. thanks for the help though mate.

Insignia for sale
thats exactly what i was thinking, hopefully gona do an argie from work tomorrow and nip and see one in the aft like. fingers crossed! :)

Insignia for sale
Hello, well after a weekend of fuckin about, lookin at cars all over the shop, have finally got myself a cup! get in! first impressions are very good, acceleration is pretty brutal and the noise is amazing! its so gutteral and grunty! well impressed! what a car!

how do i do pics by the way?

Chris :)