ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I f**king HATE DYNAMAT

182 Sport 2.0I
Found this on another forum from google!!

"
Simply heat the Dynamat until it's real nice and warm with a heat gun or conventional [COLOR=#0072BC ! important][COLOR=#0072BC ! important]hair [COLOR=#0072BC ! important]dryer[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]. Peel up a corner with a puddy knife or exacto knife and while WEARING GLOVES and/or using pliers grip the tin and tar underneath together and yank it hard. If you try to coax it out by tugging slowly the tar will get time to stretch and usually leave alot of access, tearing it fast breaks the adhesion between the carbody and tar before the tar has time to stretch and can come off quite nice. Trim leftovers with a puddy knife or exacto knife.

You should now have alot of Dynamat out and a relevently low amount of residue left in the trunk itself. Ball up a decent size wad of tar, about the size of a golf ball, and using very light heat, or none on a warm day stick the tar ball to the residue and pull it away quickly. On large sections of residue work from edges, the key is to get the adhesion to break and manipulate it when it does.

This should leave you with a very clear surface, most likely acceptable to re-lay carpet or interior panelling over, but in the case of doing this for interior colour changing(painting the entire inside unibody) make sure to use a body shop grade tar/grease remover ( commonly refered to as 500) or your paint will fisheye, mottle, or just chip of with ease. WD-40 also works well for getting any other small spots of the tar, but because of it's greasy texture make SURE you clean it properly afterwards if you intent to paint the surface.
"

1.2 Clio
Re: I f**kING HATE DYNAMAT

You're going to think i'm mad, but i used sainsbury's own gin. Basically cheap high strength alcohol, and a scraper. I had an amp which someone had plastered in a similar product, really tacky, but sludged not sheeted!
After about 2 minuted with the scraper it looked like this....
SN201661.jpg

More work, to this:

SN201673.jpg

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
so things to use today will be

Rum
Nitro-morse
acitone
fire
holy water
jew spit

Wish me luck!

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Ben as your going to have to repaint could you hire a sand blaster and just strip the car back to Bare metal?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Right, I cant hire a sand blaster lol. They say you cant rent them to the public :(

Called a few places too.

ahh man what a f**king mess that is, in hindsight i gues you should have just left it unless all this work is worth 10kg.

Cant you find another shell to put the engine and bits in lol.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup

Right, I cant hire a sand blaster lol. They say you cant rent them to the public :(

Called a few places too.

Pity as I am 99% sure that will strip it all off and take the car back to bare metal.

Maybe a local company could do it?

1.2 Clio

Got a blow lamp?
Get some real heat on there, will melt it up about 400'c.
But will probably combust at 800 so watch it!

Golf GTD Mk7
what is the stuff you're trying to remove? Is it different to the stuff that others have removed when lightening their cars? Thougth you just use a heat gun and scraper?

If its anything like the underseal on the car, try autosmart tardis. Spray on and leave to soak. removes tar in seconds, so soaking with that should work.

Nitromorse would be a bit extreme really.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

what is the stuff you're trying to remove? Is it different to the stuff that others have removed when lightening their cars? Thougth you just use a heat gun and scraper?

If its anything like the underseal on the car, try autosmart tardis. Spray on and leave to soak. removes tar in seconds, so soaking with that should work.

Nitromorse would be a bit extreme really.

No the renault stuff came off in 1 hour, easy lol

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Good Friday? Im in all day then,

If youget it off you can have the cash lol! I can work on other s**t then, FCS is soo close

Homo spec mazda
if thats this coming friday then ye thats fine but im working at 5, cant take £100 just for taking that out.

where abouts are you?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Yeah this friday, warrington dude. I have a PC so could try get your eggy marks out for you?

Tesla MP3 2021
This stuff is a fooking joke. Its even worse when you are up close. When it is heated up its like mega hot sticky tar with metal inside that cuts your fingers lol.

Sofaboy you are a brave man lol

Homo spec mazda
Ye too right, il pm you on thursday.

Lol adam, im not fussed if it means sit down for a few hours and get some of it done then so be it.

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
like a lamb to the slaughter

best of luck mate! look after my uber expensive heat gun lmao