ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I f**king HATE DYNAMAT

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
WTF. This s**t is a total mess! I need to remove it to paint the interior and fit the cage, one of the previous owners must have had it put in! I think its the extreem stuff as it is silver backed?

It covers the whole rear of the car, I've been going about 30 hours so far and have removed 2/10s of it.

Using heat gun, scrapper and turps. its now just a sticky mess like wet tar all over the place. Any tips? was thinking dry ice? (where can you buy this from)

The oem sound pads came off in 1 hours (all 12 of them)

What the f**k does this s**t do anyway?

Oh and i found a lump of it behind the front door cards..so there staying on lol.

Its weighs a ton too, so far i have removed about 4kg of it!

ITB'd MK1
I've seen liquid nitrogen used before, then chip it off in chunks. Got to be used REALLY carefully though, dont know how available it is

Za**** & Xr250R
It's a nightmare to remove i think it's used for sound deadning, i can put pic's up for you if you want i will pm you my email addy :)

Astra Twintop
it is used for sound deadening.

I think once it goes on, it isnt meant to come off!

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
I WILL PAY £100 For someone to remove this for me, it comes off but takes sooooo long.

ANYONE IN NW?

182 Sport 2.0I
Its used mainly for people who like ICE, this is what their website states about people with cars:

Whether you're a car audio enthusiast or simply looking for a quieter ride to and from work, upgrade your car with Dynamat and make your car drive and feel like a luxury vehicle.​
Dynamat creates a "sonic barrier" that restores dynamic range lost to road noise. When you stop road noise and vibration, you clearly hear more of the sounds you want - like music, navigation systems, mobile video and cell phones.

So basicly puts a nice bigh barrier between the car and the outside world.

ST
Re: I f**kING HATE DYNAMAT

Its used mainly for people who like ICE, this is what their website states about people with cars:

Whether you're a car audio enthusiast or simply looking for a quieter ride to and from work, upgrade your car with Dynamat and make your car drive and feel like a luxury vehicle.​
Dynamat creates a "sonic barrier" that restores dynamic range lost to road noise. When you stop road noise and vibration, you clearly hear more of the sounds you want - like music, navigation systems, mobile video and cell phones.

So basicly puts a nice bigh barrier between the car and the outside world.

Google at its best eh.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

LOL i remember when Allan fitted it for 'sound deadening'.

who put the battery in the boot? they need shooting tbh lol. the ghetto hole in the bulkhead was comedy ( it has cut through the cable and was about 1mm from charging the whome car with 500 amps 0 and the battery box was well two bits of bent steel lol

Za**** & Xr250R
tarshit2.gif

tarshit3.gif

tarshit.gif

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
ive got both wings clean, and above the exhaust

half the wheel well needs doing, the seat bench bit needs doing etc

340i
It looks a f**king mess TBH...

Good luck with it, I would say you have got another 3 - 4 days good work left on that!

My car has all this s**t in the boot, all around where the spare wheel goes. I noticed it before I bought the car, at 1st I thought it was there to hide something i.e welding marks, :dead:

ST

who put the battery in the boot? they need shooting tbh lol. the ghetto hole in the bulkhead was comedy ( it has cut through the cable and was about 1mm from charging the whome car with 500 amps 0 and the battery box was well two bits of bent steel lol

Not too sure who did it mate, maybe GDI when it had the single throttle body conversion done.