ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I f*cked up

BG 182 FF
Driving along spiritedly, hit a rather large pot hole, and now my tracking is waaaaaaay out, as in its pulling 45deg on the wheel to the left. not had chance to look yet as it was dark but will be jacking it up in the morning. Anyone give me an idea as to what it could be, tyre looks to have took most of the impact so could be a blow out. but it just seems to me like maybe a wishbone or track rod and end has kaput. Hoping deep down inside its not a bent subframe. Anyone had an issue of a surprise kerb or pothole and this happen?

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
That's what happens when you whallop a pot hole because you're speeding.

Check track rod end and steering arm first. Could be a bent alloy tho if the wheel took most the impact.

BG 182 FF
don't think its bent all at all as I spun in and it looked true by eye. I'll jack it up and have a look at the track rod end and arm along with wishbones and subframe.

PH2 172
don't think its bent all at all as I spun in and it looked true by eye. I'll jack it up and have a look at the track rod end and arm along with wishbones and subframe.
If you have camber adjustable coil overs such as GAZ or KTECH,or camber bolts, you could have knocked the camber out of adjustment, which will effect the tracking.

E46 M3, Clio 182
The only way you'll know is when you get it in the air, could be many potential things:
- wheels / tyres
- wishbones
- bent shock / adjustable bolts
- subframe
- hub?