ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I don't do clean, but I want to. Help please!

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Quick update, I took Dan up on his offer and bought the above items, which Hermes promptly lost. As the CITP meeting was approaching and I wanted a little bit of shine on the car I went to halfords and bought some G3 paint restorer and megs wax. The G3 did a decent job on the swirls but the heavens opened just as I waxed the first side of the car. Typical.
The following week just after Dan refunded my money Hermes found the box and delivered it! I decided to try the Amigo first and was very impressed, the black looked so much deeper and the gold was more noticable. I covered it with the ADS wax and OMG that stuff is like butter, I love it already! I plan to try the tripple next as I can only find good reviews of it.

I have only had chance fro a quick wash since that quick test, but I have made a major change to my cleaning process:
20160517_095333.jpg

Try explaining why you need 2 buckets to the wife though, not an easy task!
Before and after on my bonnet.
IMG_3773.jpg

20160517_135740.jpg

I'm itching to carry on, but it's either pissing it down or red hot sunny when I have chance to get to the car. I think I need a pop up gazebo!
Brilliant job mate.Tripple will remove the wax and amigo.Im sure Impreza has shares in Autosmart so be careful.Another cheap wax good on black is Dodos purple haze .Get yourself a good mitt like a dooka pad,it'll help prevent wash swirls etc :up::up:

RB Clio 182
Quick update, I took Dan up on his offer and bought the above items, which Hermes promptly lost. As the CITP meeting was approaching and I wanted a little bit of shine on the car I went to halfords and bought some G3 paint restorer and megs wax. The G3 did a decent job on the swirls but the heavens opened just as I waxed the first side of the car. Typical.
The following week just after Dan refunded my money Hermes found the box and delivered it! I decided to try the Amigo first and was very impressed, the black looked so much deeper and the gold was more noticable. I covered it with the ADS wax and OMG that stuff is like butter, I love it already! I plan to try the tripple next as I can only find good reviews of it.

I have only had chance fro a quick wash since that quick test, but I have made a major change to my cleaning process:
20160517_095333.jpg

Try explaining why you need 2 buckets to the wife though, not an easy task!
Before and after on my bonnet.
IMG_3773.jpg

20160517_135740.jpg

I'm itching to carry on, but it's either pissing it down or red hot sunny when I have chance to get to the car. I think I need a pop up gazebo!

That looks great mate, was that done by hand? If so going from the pics its made a big difference.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Gave the car a wash today and bugger me it's picking up scratches like nobody's business. New ones on the roof, bumper and bonnet! It's currently 22c and sunny so no chance of doing anything with them either[emoji24]

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Silly question maybe, but what's the best way to care for these?
053092e10a11124904434fc0efdd761b.jpg

Should I leave them to dry out fully or seal them in the bags while damp? I'll be using them for the first time tomorrow as long as the weather is less w**k than it has been so far this week!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I would say so. A rinse then a dry, that's what I do. I'm sure there a spectacular ways of doing it though.

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Drying towels are hung on a rail in the garage, wash pads rinsed clear of soap and left again to air dry in buckets. Works for me :)

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
This is Yorkshire lad, my radiators are stone cold until December 25th ,for 1 morning only.

You do right, my other half turned it on tonight to 'take the chill off' I turned it off so she started paddying and got herself a hot water bottle!