ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I broke it :(

2003 MR2 Roadster
i was doing 40, just been into town to get some pizzas with 2 of my friends and was on our way back to his house. Tyres are worn but not illegal, funny thing was my car was booked in to get some Pe2's fitted the next morning.

cheers for the link. gonna get it drivable by wednesday, i need my car!

Hope the pizza was not ruined!!

Trophy #473
cheers. Ive just bought a full rear beam off a 1.2 for £60 from my local scrappy, just going to swap the brakes/lines and stub axles over. bargin.

Clio 172 mk2
At the end of the day it's only a cheap French car

Just claim for the repairs on the insurance and have done with it

Trophy #473
Im sure insurance would write it off. 2 bent alloys, a bent rear beam, triggered airbag computer and activated passanger seat airbag. It'll cost more in the long run to fix through insurance.

Clio 172 mk2
No bodywork damage though which is very lucky....that's the expensive bit to fix.

TBH swerving is natural reaction if you have time to see the animal. I would happily swerve and ding my car to avoid hitting a cat....foxes are another matter though.

Clio 172 mk2
Why people post s**t like that up on youtube is beyond me

In some situations there is f-all you can do. I've hit a few pheasants and rabbits...they often come out of nowhere and there's no way you can react fast enough.

I'd still avoid animals at all cost though...I couldn't give a t** about my car compared to my pets so my attitude towards others reflects that.

Hope you get it fixed up though...always worse to start off with

MKIII 138
Why people post s**t like that up on youtube is beyond me

In some situations there is f-all you can do. I've hit a few pheasants and rabbits...they often come out of nowhere and there's no way you can react fast enough.

I'd still avoid animals at all cost though...I couldn't give a t** about my car compared to my pets so my attitude towards others reflects that.

Hope you get it fixed up though...always worse to start off with

i agree,

i mean an animal like us only has one shot at it, what does a piece of metal mean ? in the end you will have owned loads of cars but that thing only has one life..

having said that i took out a big moggy, was a wild cat i slowed from 50 to 40 swerved only so much as anymore would have put me and my gf in a ditch so it cracked my front fog and pulled the arch liner off, felt pretty bad for a while after :(

then my bro came in and said "some t**t has run over a big cat and just left it !!!"

lol, ive never liked cats but that thing was still on the road so it was an instant death.

strangely i would stop for a dog and check it out but there are quite a few wild cats and farm cats out in the sticks where i live and they like foxes are only out killing other things for fun