ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hybrid v mi16 205

200 cup/Btm'd ph1
I am currently look for a cheap weekend/track car. I have a ph1 at the minute but trying to sell it becuase cant really insure it. So i need a little advice possible comparing the two on handling(on track) , performance and reliability!

The reason i am goin for a hybrid or mi16 is to try and keep the insurance down, nearly half the price of a ph1!

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
I had an Mi16 205 Gti, it was awesome.

Mine was on avo adjustables/15" 306 xsi wheels in black/single box in the exhaust/tarox front discs/standard rear drums (mine had been a 1.6). The thing was rapid, and was well known around Bristol.

On track it was pretty good - just had to be a bit careful with lift off oversteer. Would say it wasn't as stable as a Clio 172/182, but that made it more fun in my eyes.

Was not cheap to insure though - cost me 1160 tpft when I was 22.

Also ate a lot of driveshafts in the year I had it, but luckily no gearboxes.

Last edited:
  200 cup/Btm'd ph1
Bill on www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum is selling a 205 mi16 - pretty good by looks if you are interested.

Yeah iv seen it, looks a weapon but only really wanted to spend £1500 a most!
Im so unsure what to go for because iv driven both cars on road but nothing like you would on track. Iv heard so many different people's opinion, a lot of people say the clio is more planted!!

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.
It baffles me why Peugeot never officially fitted the Mi16 unit to the 205. They could have pre-dated the Williams or 172 by a fair whack.

I'd love to have a go of an Mi16'd 205, I used to have a Skip Brown prepared 1.9, running Kent Cams, custom stainless and big valve head. Total flying machine.