ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hybrid is Finished

Suzuki SV1000S
Just finishing touches now - All cosmetic so not that bothered.

Bespoke Clutch to go with the close ratio box (which is mental - hit limiter in fourth on Sunday, gears don't last long enough long)

Bespoke down pipe etc so the exhaust isn't on the floor

Light as a feather - no sunroof (as you can see), and all the doors have been completely skinned

Enjoy the extremity!!

Beast1.gif

DSC00246.gif

DSC00319.gif

DSC00320.gif

DSC00321.gif

DSC00322.gif

DSC00323.gif

DSC00324.gif

DSC00325.gif

DSC00326.gif

DSC00327.gif

DSC00328.gif

DSC00329.gif

DSC00320.gif

sta706471nb.gif

sta706480rj.gif

sta706497ip.gif

sta706500qw.gif

sta706524rj.gif

sta706532ak.gif

Black 172 MK2
looks fun. good job, but why have you covered over the rear arch gaps inside, isnt that adding weight ;)

Suzuki SV1000S
Dashboard was taken off - we played catch with it for a bit a realised that it didn't weigh anything at all really so no point taking it off.

The rear quarters are covered with aluminium (weighs Feck all too) got fed up with loosing stuff down there.

The heaviest part off the car was actually the sunroof lol - probably because was electric and glass is quite heavy

Poly carb windows all round - gearbox is just a valver one (apparently closer ratio) would agree with that as car ate 2 clutches during testing so garage built a stronger one (which kills the left leg)

Engine has had no work done in terms of induction etc, but they have put a diff manifold on, straight through exhaust, vernier pulleys and a few parts were replaced with performance ones while the engine was out - but I was looking for reliability rather than extra torque etc as the willy engine shift anyway and need the reliability for Le Mans trips etc

Seriously quick though and can't wait until the weekend so I can get out of London again and throw the biatch round some corners (think Kent will be my choice this weekend lol)

Engine and car both on 68k too hehe - so got lots of driving to go!!

Suzuki SV1000S
It isn't my daily drive matey - Is my only car at the mo. though - But live and work in the city so use public transport

George, if you find yourself near croydon on saturday give me a bell mate im always up for some spirated driving

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
It's a road car.................Something i'll never understand. For track use it's aswum....

But for the road, it's horrid.

Suzuki SV1000S
Thank you for kind comments!

Ali said:
It's a road car.................Something i'll never understand. For track use it's aswum....

But for the road, it's horrid.

Correct it is a track car - But as it is currently my only car I use it on the weekends for a blast too. Have to get to the track somehow lol!

Suzuki SV1000S
Correct but I had all the stereo equipment removed to so it doesn't matter - All I hear now is the popping from the zorst lol

Dan Page said:
good work mate.
Bet its loud in there though?

Suzuki SV1000S
midge said:
George, if you find yourself near croydon on saturday give me a bell mate im always up for some spirated driving

Sorry matey am in Kent in the morning then watching the footie - then on Sunday going to see a man about some decals!

Disappointing - I spy moveable electric wing mirrors.

Surely you will be sorting that for fixed wing mirrors and removing the motors?

Likewise the bonnet - is that a fibreglass jobby yet?

(looks absolutely awesome - that is what the valver should be!)

Suzuki SV1000S
Thought about Bonnet but don't think it is worth buying a new one as they are a complete rip off - Mirrors are surprisingly light especially compared to M3 mirrors etc - I may get some little carbon ones at some pont if I see some I like

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
George16v said:
Thank you for kind comments!

Correct it is a track car - But as it is currently my only car I use it on the weekends for a blast too. Have to get to the track somehow lol!

Just my opinion...Still cool. Just not what i'd have for the road.

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat
Great stuff. Get rid of the electric motors though, love the plastic windows, nice track look.

1996 Valver
Good man George, sure will will give me a bell when you are down my way.
It will give me a good race for the bike;)

M2 Competition
Those brolleys are lightweight racing brolleys... lol.

And every drive is a trackday for george eh, hehe.

Just need to sellotape some of those 99p handheld fans to the inside so u dont roast mate :)

Suzuki SV1000S
Pat_986 said:
Good man George, sure will will give me a bell when you are down my way.
It will give me a good race for the bike;)

Was going to let you know I was down matey but got called to work as soon as I had picked the car up so had to rush off (shame)

Will be down there soon though I'm sure

Suzuki SV1000S
rex said:
Those brolleys are lightweight racing brolleys... lol.

And every drive is a trackday for george eh, hehe.

Just need to sellotape some of those 99p handheld fans to the inside so u dont roast mate :)

The fan works ok - but it is like a sauna - I drove half way home with the drivers door open as london traffic ain't much fun