ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Humming from rear right hand side of car

BG182
Just wondering if anyone has experienced this before? Anyone know what it could be? I've had it looked at thinking it may be the wheel bearing but the last mechanic said there was no problem with it. He reckoned it may be down to the fact the rear right tyre is budget. Anyone have any ideas?
Cheers

BG182
Bearing, tyre, feathering?
I'm not car savvy at all, but on about three previous occasions when I've had work done each mechanic has ruled out the bearing. And as I said, I'm not mechanically minded whatsoever so forgive me when I ask what feathering is? They tyre is a proper dogshit accelera jobby so I'm wondering if that is enough in itself to cause a very noticeable humming when going past 40

E46 M3 / BG 182
I had some cheap tyres on mine when I bought it, they had worn into the shape of a hexagon on the rear inside and was making a sound like this , I thought it must be the bearing until I saw the tyres

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
It's the tyre, they're total turd, we used to sell those for mondeo fitment to other garages for £12 a unit and make a profit, as bad a camac and linglongs..

Life with it or get some tyres and don't get toyo t1r, they're turd on a Clio.. Stick with something good, Pirelli do well but I went back to michelins.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Benefit would be cost mate. But as you have a pair of new ones I'd just buy another couple or just the one