ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Huge claims, huge bhp, apparent trophy 172, gumtree special

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Valeted a few times a week. We all love our cars, but c'mon.

Are we talking wash and wax w/ hoover 3 times a week here?

f**k sake, he's stupid to think people believe that.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Valeted a few times a week. We all love our cars, but c'mon.

Are we talking wash and wax w/ hoover 3 times a week here?

f**k sake, he's stupid to think people believe that.

Machine polished 3 times a week.

Took all the trophy red paint off doing it do often.

Thats why its now black.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ive always wondered what would happen if the renault UK facebook group and Ktec decided to do a joint project car.

Now I know, lol.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  172/B8 Quattro
Lol, someone link this muppet this thread so it can get more exciting. I would but he might put my number on one of them gay sites.

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I phoned him, told him it wasnt 240bhp with out a turbo or throttle bodies and he said it is because it beats his mates VXR, he said he has receipts for everything, i told him clio hks cams dont exist and he said its the air filter thats hks and the cams are high lift cams, again he has a receipt, infact he says he has paper work for everything except a rolling road graph, if anyones local to this they should go and look at it because if it does have cams and a forged engine its a bargain, if it was close enough to me i would have looked at it already.

I bought a clio Williams a few years ago that had a similar style advert '200bhp forged engine, no RR graph' everyone was slating him and the car on one of the forums, i went and looked at it (it was local) it DID have a forged engine/cams e.t.c e.t.c.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Anyone that goes on there and bad mouths K-Tec gets banned,
some members have managed it in under a minute.

It is essentially a front pretending to be an independent group when really its just the additional marketting arm of a company, lol.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I phoned him, told him it wasnt 240bhp with out a turbo or throttle bodies and he said it is because it beats his mates VXR, he said he has receipts for everything, i told him clio hks cams dont exist and he said its the air filter thats hks and the cams are high lift cams, again he has a receipt, infact he says he has paper work for everything except a rolling road graph, if anyones local to this they should go and look at it because if it does have cams and a forged engine its a bargain, if it was close enough to me i would have looked at it already.

I bought a clio Williams a few years ago that had a similar style advert '200bhp forged engine, no RR graph' everyone was slating him and the car on one of the forums, i went and looked at it (it was local) it DID have a forged engine/cams e.t.c e.t.c.

How much is the receipt for that he has for the forged engine then?

Or does he think that fitting cams IS a forged engine?

Well they are HKS forgeries so it kind of is, lol.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  clio 182 trophy

I am going to visit my parents tomorrow so if I have time I will pop and see it. If he had not mentioned the fact it was a Trophy and 240bhp there would not be half the amount of fun poked at him. You can't just claim figures like that out of thin air so chances are that it is all BS. If I do go how will I know if it has a forged engine? I am useless to say the least with mechanics.

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
He didn't know, the lads obviously misinformed but as said if it was close to me i would go and look at it, even if it just has cams its worth over the asking price, got to be worth a look, i expect you could hammer him on the price to because his getting slaughtered by everyone.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  335d
What'sthis Renault UK K-Tec thing lol been away a while...
if you want to watch morons ask stupid questions that google can answer then you should join.

I just reply with with links to google

All people who ask these idiotic questions have selfies of slicked hair and them wearing a gilet as their profile picture.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
He didn't know, the lads obviously misinformed but as said if it was close to me i would go and look at it, even if it just has cams its worth over the asking price, got to be worth a look, i expect you could hammer him on the price to because his getting slaughtered by everyone.

Agreed if it has cams and a recent belt then its potentially worth buying.

Although if it has cams and not a decent remap, it may well have done or be about to do the engine like it seems for example most of the ktec installed 438 ones seem to do, in which case its certainly not a bargain at all anymore even if you get a few hundred off what he wants, lol.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I am going to visit my parents tomorrow so if I have time I will pop and see it. If he had not mentioned the fact it was a Trophy and 240bhp there would not be half the amount of fun poked at him. You can't just claim figures like that out of thin air so chances are that it is all BS. If I do go how will I know if it has a forged engine? I am useless to say the least with mechanics.

The only way you will know for certain is to strip the engine and inspect the crank and rods, although if you take a bore scope with you then you could see if it had forged pistons. (or even just take a plug out and shine a light in and look at the profile of the piston near TDC)

But clearly it doesnt if his receipt was for 1100 quid. Unless he meant 11K, lol.

Sounds more like its had cams fitted and thats all.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to do some funny texts but couldn't be arsed in the end.

More pics up tomorrow.

Receipts shows work carried out in 2013 along with new cambelt & pulleys, forged engine build was £890 parts, £610 labour so its not forged.

Car is on 108k but has FSH apprantely

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I was going to do some funny texts but couldn't be arsed in the end.

More pics up tomorrow.

Receipts shows work carried out in 2013 along with new cambelt & pulleys, forged engine build was £890 parts, £610 labour so its not forged.

Car is on 108k but has FSH apprantely

Certainly hasnt got a forged crank for that money!

But as midge says, it does sound like its probably quite a good little car potentially, just obviously not a trophy, not a forged crank etc and certainly not anywhere near 240bhp!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked if he used kiwi polish to get it that shiny but he said Mur.

So tempted to send a pic of boot polish.