ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hub spacing on mk1s?

Valver
Getting another hub for my valver, which is 54mm spacing (akaik?) but the scrappies round me only have 1.2/1.4 etc so which ones would have the same spacing as mine so 54mm?

Valver
Surely certain years/engine size usually have the same spacing? I can't really check until i've got it off the car thou? bit hard to measure 2mm difference when its still all attached :(

Surely certain years/engine size usually have the same spacing? I can't really check until i've got it off the car thou? bit hard to measure 2mm difference when its still all attached :(

You cna tell the difference.

Usualy the larger engine have the bigger ones but theres no fast rule with Mk1's.

Valver
bloody renaults :( is it easy enough to measure then? Was just thinking if the ruler or whatever is at a slight angle or something its only 2mm so could be easy to c**k it up? so say an RSI has got a high chance of being 54mm?

bloody renaults :( is it easy enough to measure then? Was just thinking if the ruler or whatever is at a slight angle or something its only 2mm so could be easy to c**k it up? so say an RSI has got a high chance of being 54mm?
Higly likly yep.
Also any quick way of checking if the bearing is ok?

Jack the car up and try shake the wheel from the 3 and 9 and 12 and 6 positions see if there any play in it.