ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HTC HD2 vs iPhone 3GS

I hated using my mates iphone at the weekend as I enjoyed the 3gs.. I didnt really want to.. as I have never really like dthe phone, but the use of interface and speed of the 3GS is winning me over.

Also considering the HTC HD2... its bigger... but that screen is HUGE for a mobile!

Full comparisons here:

http://www.phonearena.co.uk/htmls/HTC-HD2-vs-Apple-iPhone-3GS-side-by-side-review-r_2329.html

And for my sins... I love the look of the Storm 2... but I guess I should not even consider it??

Then there is the fact that the new iphone is out in 6 months and my fucked samsung may not make it that long and I want a new mobile NOW!

Thoughts?

I was also considering the Hero... but was not a big fan of the strange shape - think its a bit marmite!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I really like the hero. Had the newer version been around when I had my upograde, I would of gone for it over the iphone.

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
i considered the HD2 (got a Diamond atm) but cost too much £ to buy

using a Blackberry 8820 atm, quite easy to use, does everything. Storm 2 is also a good shout.

What you going to be using it for?

What you going to be using it for?

Apart from calling and texting I will mainly be using it for checking emails and checking the live footie scores whilst I am out and about and not near a computer! Camera is probably least important issue!

Nothing compares to the iPhone for what you want.

However, I wouldn't be getting stuck into a 18month contact this time of year..

Nothing compares to the iPhone for what you want.

However, I wouldn't be getting stuck into a 18month contact this time of year..

Yeah I know, but the new iphone is still at least 6 months away and I need to get myself a new mobile soon!!!

Colleague has really struggled with Vodafone to get the HD2. Looking forward to seeing it once he gets it. Meant to be superb.

Going to have a go on the storm 2 this week too see how responsive the clicky screen is, as that will be a big decision factor!

'52 clio 1.2 16V
I was also considering the Hero... but was not a big fan of the strange shape - think its a bit marmite!

I thought this aswell when i first saw pictures, but hold it in your hand for a while or use it to make a call and the lip is brilliant. Cant fault mine atall.

Blackberry tbh.

HTC = big contract
iPhone = big contract

Hero contracts work out about £540 over 18 months for more inclusive stuff than your likely to need. As far as leading smartphones go it's one of the cheapest.

HD2 is about £665 max which is still way cheaper than the iphone. BB anywhere in between if going for an older one. Comparative 18 months contracts for the Storm2 look about £700+.

Personally it came down to cost for me. Had the iphone been the same price as a hero i'd have probably gone for one. Instead i went for the far cheaper Hero and love it.

Last edited:
i got the hd2 thru the other day. altho a little big its some bit of kit! got the following deal on t mobile: free phone/18 month contract/700 mins anytime/network/unlimited txt and unlimited interent for 34 a month.

i wanted an iphone but it and the tariffs were just too expensive for me

HD2 is really nice. Got mine on T-Mob the day after release. £20 per month (god bless half price line rental!)

Screen is just obscenely good quality compared to an iPhone although the iPhone wins on ease of use.

Now just waiting for the PS1 emulator to be made compatible with it :D

got a quick question, my online banking login screen is usually a pop up on a normal web page but i cant seem to get to it via opera or ie on my phone. anyone any ideas, really doin my nut in!

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Its up to you tbh, its your money if you want to pay for the contract then fair do,

i took the 18month iphone contract for 44quid a month, i kno it will be expensive but i kno i can afford it so why not treat myself, the iphone i have is 899 on some stores to buy and il pay only 1200 back, so to me it is a saving :)

HTC HD 2 for £17.50 with T-Mobile, and sell my Iphone, meaning a free contract(Technically, even though i bought the iPhone outright already), or keep the iPhone. I just cant decide!

I do like the HD2, but i love the simplicity of the Iphone.

'52 clio 1.2 16V
got a quick question, my online banking login screen is usually a pop up on a normal web page but i cant seem to get to it via opera or ie on my phone. anyone any ideas, really doin my nut in!

Have you checked in the settings for forcing/not forcing mobile sites and allow/disallow pop-ups?

HD2 is impressing me in the looks department... windows 7 will be coming soon too!!!

Whats the casing made off? does it feel fairly scratch resistant?

metal battery cover, plastic (like the Hero plastic) top and bottom at back for antenna's etc and glass screen

infact:

[YOUTUBE]LYZF0e3HVaI[/YOUTUBE]