ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HP Pavillion won't read music CD

182 RB FF
Dad bought a PC for at home and it reads all disc's fine, games, dvd, blu-ray but it just won't read music CD's. I've tried various ones to make sure it wasn't just a faulty disk.

Does anybody have any idea on this at all?

Brad

Edit* forgot to mention, was running Vista but upgraded to Windows 7 64b.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
It does happen, unfortuantely. I've got two music CDs that simply refuse to be played on my PC. That was both in Windows XP and now Windows 7. Chuck them into a standard stereo and they play fine.

I've never really done much research as to the reason why. Either the encoding is alien to the drive, or there is some form of in-built protection on it? Or more likely that the media it was written on is incompatible with the drive?

D.

182 RB FF
quite possibly copy protection does it mention copy protection on teh case

what disks are they

This is what I thought but there is no copy protection on them AFAIK, we tried a couple one was Seal and one was Sade. We also tried a self burned one from the previous machine and this also wasn't recognised by the machine.

All 3 play fine in a CD player.

Seems weird that it reads other disc's without trouble though?