ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to replace the aerial base

2002 Clio 1.6 16v
Hi my g/f has a Clio 1.6 16v on a 2002 plate,at christmas I bought her a fancy aerial, yesterday she decided to go through the car wash with it on, when she came back the aerial was snapped and it had pulled the thread out the base, I've rang the Renault stealer to get a new base and their about £9 great so then asked him how to remove the old one to which he answered dunno, is it bonded to the roof or does it lock into place??? Please don't tell me its fastened from underneath meaning removing the head cloth...... :dapprove:

Cheers

Mark

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
At a guess it will have a threaded rod which protrudes inside of the car and is held in place by a nut under the headlining. Just a guess though.

2002 Clio 1.6 16v
Damn, was hoping that wasn't the case, has anyone ever performed this task how easy is it to pull the head cloth out the way??? Also when fitted back will it suffer from sagging as I've seen this on other cars!!!

Cheers

Mark

Evo 8 RIP, Evo 2 tracktoy
i changed mine last week as somone pulled my aerial off with the connections

it took me about 30min from start to finish. the roof lining wont sag as they have a fibre glass lining and as long as your not brutal with it. the problem i found was theres not much room to get to the holding bolt without having to pull the roofline far so just be careful and it should just look normal

Evo 8 RIP, Evo 2 tracktoy
i think that it may be a 17mm but if you could get a hold of an ajustable you would get away with it. i'll try and find out for you