ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How To Quiet Down Exhaust ?

Not long bought my 182. But the exhaust noise is starting to annoy me already :lolup:

Just looking to quiet it down in lower revs and do a lot of motorway driving as well.....

It's a powerflow, straight through and de-cat with a v6 filter. Does sound good but it's just to boomy and to loud at lower revs for cruising about .

Seen this, http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/universal-exhaust-silencers/jetex-decibel-insert Any good? Or would I be better getting silencer put on to the exhaust? :S

Cheers

Was thinking that but don't have the cat for it...., and was just MOT'd when I got it so I wont really need a cat because it will be gone before its next MOT :)

Getting a silencer fitted might be the best route. But don't want to spend £££ just to quiet it down because I can live with it for the next few months before I change my car, just seeing if there is any cheaper options!

Megane r26
Mines got a janspeed cat back with middle silencer an to be honest it gives a nice tone but isn't much louder then standard if at all. Plus its a dream at 70-80mph which is where my old 172 with its oreca grp N used to annoy me the most.