ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how to make my clio faster?

renault clio
hi im new to this site and i was wondering if a few of u good people could give me some advice, basicaly im 17 and bought a renault clio (2000) and i want to 'pimp' it up a bit, but not chavy stylie. ive already started on changing the audio system (although i was impressed with the standard one) and im saving for some dinamique alloys.

anyways i was wondering if their is anything else u guys hav done to make urs go faster i appriciate its one a 1.2 and might not be worth it but i was wonderin if their were any tips or tricks that can be used. o yea and does tinted windows on the rear of a clio look bent? :approve:

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
post some pics of your car. dynamique alloys are always a good choice, aftermarkets tend to look naff half the time. usually the best bets are get it lowered and colour code the bumpstrips. small details make a massive difference.

visualize whirled pe
lexus lights and a cherrybomb backbox

Cherry Bomb! My mate had one of those on his golf about 12 years ago, it actually had a big metal arrow on it that you turned to make it loud or too fing loud. It used to vibrate / resonate so much if you sat in the back when it did 4000rpm you felt like you were having a bowl movement.
Half shitting your pants in the back of a knackered old golf with a kiss mix tape on was not a good look I seem to remember.

White Sti Hatch
There you go mate

DSC00048.jpg

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique+
if ur goin to lower it u'll need to go to Wicks and get a spirit level bubble... to make sure it's all square

White Sti Hatch
Cunny Funt ^^

Yeah its lowered 40mm on Apex Springs....Looking for at least £350 preffered Pick up

Dont waste your money on "pimping it" if you want a project keep it simple and subtle. things like a nice drop, colour coding etc. but save your money, get some NCB and get yourself a decent platform to start from (something with a bigger engine for starters) speed isnt everything. learn how to drive properly first. then you can go faster.

Clio 182
which shape clio is it? i would look at a nice set of alloys 172/182 wheels look well with a bit of lowering, possibly a back box and a dynamique spoiler? just a few ideas to start with.

MCS R56
I wouldn't try to make it faster; you're not going to have much luck there without loads of money to waste. You could try making the car lighter?

Get a good suspention set up. I have a powerflow backbox and pipercross cone induction kit...which probably dont make that much of a difference...although its "nippy " enough for me.

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
Make it lighter....upgrade the brakes and suspension and you'll be cornering better and stopping quicker....

A well built VW
H&R or Eibach springs
16" FF 172 alloys
Ph 2 rear lights
Sport front lights
Dynamique rear spoiler or 172 one
Upgrade the sounds

Cost £400 - £500 max lower if you scour bay etc

Then enjoy for a few years while your NCB increases and look for something faster then

Racing Blue FF182
Dont waste your money on "pimping it" if you want a project keep it simple and subtle. things like a nice drop, colour coding etc. but save your money, get some NCB and get yourself a decent platform to start from (something with a bigger engine for starters) speed isnt everything. learn how to drive properly first. then you can go faster.

I agree with the above, remember any modifications you do you will have to declare to your insurance and at your age it will be rediculous or they simply not insure you.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
God, someone asks a questions and he has to get ripped for it... Great first impression.

On a serious note the things that have been mentioned that are worth doing are.... In my opinion of course...

Ph2 rear lights
Colour Code
Some nice alloys, (the 182 wheels on the previous page would do fine)
An exhaust is a posibility, but not some big bore monster just something quite subtle!!
Dynamic/sport or Cup spoiler would look pretty good too
Lowering it, say 40mm or so

Hope that helps.

edit: Pretty much the same post as "yin" apologies, didnt see yours :p