ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to Guides????

172 CUP
Hi, i have searched and don't seem to be able to find exactly what i'm looking for.

Guides for Dummies

How to remove top of engine and check spark plugs and leads ( got a really bad misfire and i'm a complete novice with cars)

+ if i remove the top of the engine can it be put staright back on or do i need some sort of seal?
+ How to tell if spark plugs are bad ( what colour should they be, should there be any water or oil in with them?)

Sorry to be a pain but any advice or links would be greatly appreciated :D

172 CUP
Its really easy ????? lol It doesn't look it. I'm off to see Dan on the 6th April but thought i'd crack on with this myself...... maybe not. I really am crap with stuff like this. You want a house re-wired thats easy but this is in a world of its own haha

Yes seriously it's really easy.

The guide just makes it look complicated.

Take of the air filter elbow, Iirc there's about 4 clips to undo. Two on the throttle body(one is under the elbow), one on the bottom right side of the engine, one on the left, there's a pipe on the back pull it out. Undo the 10mm bolts, 5 at the bottom, 2 by the coil pack and then the manifold will just pull off.

You don't need to take the coil pack off just take off the leads

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
It would be a quick job if the plenum locator pin wasn't exactly the same size as the hole around it in the intake manifold. Unbelievable tolerance! A 30 minute job for the average person turned into an entire afternoon.

172 CUP
Thanks very much everyone will have my first go at it tomorrow (should be fun lol)
What should i look for when checking the spark plugs, black brown is that a bad sign?

172 CUP
Is it just these three(circled in picture),Pull leads out of coil pack and Manifold bolts????
Will i need a new seal?
2009-05-23145606.jpg