ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how to get rear plate off

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
my mate got new reg plates for his 1.2 dynamique and the front plate is screwed on (all of mine were screwed) but his back 1 is a funny thing! i thought it would be a torx screw when he was telling me but it doesnt look like one, anyone know what this is...

picture0235at.jpg

Chocolate Bar™
or a really worn torx. cut a slot in it and screwdriver it out, or drill it out.

Chocolate Bar™
probably is a rivet, but who in their right mind would rivet a numberplate in?...

..oh actually renault would lol

Clio 197
Bloody hell.... why on earth rivet a numberplate on????

I've done 34700 miles with both front/back plates stuck-on with no probs.

(I lost my front plate once, driving through 1ft of water @ 60MPH - hardly surprising).

Lots of Alfas
Get a drill and push it through the hole in the rivet until it wrecks the rivet and probably the plate, on my mums Clio the plates are riveted on.

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v
Why Dont Oyu Just Use The Smallest Drill Poss [well Sensible] And Thn Just Get Bigger N Bigger Bore It Out Sort Of Thing