ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to fit induction kit

2004 AB 182
Hi guys and gals,

Just wondering how easy is it to fit an induction kit to a 54 plate 182?? Are there any guides anywhere?? Also if I don't like it how easy is it to put back to standard??

Cheers.

FPOS Productions™ 172 FR
fairly straight forward,. just remove the old air box mate, attach the new unit... few nuts and bolts...

Clio 182 FF
Mate its so easy fitted mine in about 20 minutes ;). Make sure you have a torx set.
1.There are 6 (if i remember correctly) torx screws. remove these from the top cover of the air box.
2.Then towards the back of the car remove the black pipe going into the airbox(on the bend) before it enters the engine. This will just wiggle out(have a cloth handy as it sometimes has gunky oil, not to much though).
3.Once all screws are out and the top lid lifts a little, undo the jubille clip holding the standard pipe to the engine. Gently pull away from engine.
4. Now at the front of the car try to pull towards you the complete top half of the box (may require a wiggle).
5. Once top of box is out, remove paper filter.
6. Two screws hold bottom half of box, one at front right hand side and one at the back right hand side attached near the battery.
7. Once these are out pinch the two cold air ducts and wiggle out, one is attached at the front right hand side (next to headlight) the other is towards the back of the box, once these have been removed. Pull out bottom half of airbox.
8. Depending on brand of induction kit they may supply different pipes etc.
9. For mine i brought a Powetec kit, remove the pipe with the jubilee clip from the top half of the air box (it pulls straight off).
10. Clean up pipe, reattach to engine, offer up new cone filter(see where it sits).
11. Mine had mounting bolt which screwed into old airbox mount at the back of the engine(near battery) other attachment went through Jubilee clip on new filter...connect both up and tighten.
12. I repositioned the old cold air feeds to supply new cone filter with cable ties.
13. Reconnect breather pipe and check over connections.
14. Start car check for knocking etc...then your all done.

I will post pictures, as mentioned all kits are different so instructions should be in box....but the removal part will obviously be the same.

Powertec seems good, not to loud general driving but meaty grunt under acceleration.

I may at a later date add additional cold air feed to avoid dreaded heat soak.

Steve.;)