ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to clean throttle body clio 182?

Clio 182
Hi, Having a few problems with low idle :(.. seems best thing to start with is a good clean of the throttle body... Any suggestions where to start?

Also do 182s have a idle control valve? ........ Oh and ive noticed a slightly broken clip at the back of the inlet manifold.. its black and screws into the plastic pipe that I think acts as a vacuum for the fuel rail? where can I get a new one?

Thanks

FF 182
New clip go to renault. And 182's have VVT for the idle so they all idle rough, almost like they have been cammed. Its nothing to worry about.

Clio 182
Thanks...... Mine idles rough but recently when cold drops to 0.5 and starts to stutter/cut out before the revs rise...

Clio 172 Phase 2
Recently cleaned mine, it's a 172 but they're the same set up. A couple of people said to replace the seal as well, but unfortunately Renault no longer sell the seal separate to the TB. As long as you careful in taking the TB off once the four screws are removed your all good. I gave it a good dosing of WD40, and used a fine paint brush to get into the awkward bits. Dried it all off, bolted back on. Just make sure the seal aligns nicely.

This has currently (touch wood) solved a cutting out issue I was having. Hope this helps !