ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How Strange? Go Figure....

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI
Decided to take my car (ph1 172) from Chelmsford to Bradford for a work's course. 210 miles each way. On the way up there i sat at a steady 60 - 65 mph and was averaging 49mpg. Which was so so so so boaring! So on the way home i sat between 85 and 95 (kph honest officer ;) ) And it returned 40 MPG???

Is it a) Broken? or b) the first 172 powered by diesel?

My old Ph1 172 did the same... could get high 40's on a motorway run easy.

Shame it's just over half that in the 182 really lol :(

as Fubar has said ph1's get very good mpg as i also did with mine. Comparable to his actually.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'd imagine the wind going for/against you will have a massive impact.

350Z GT
I only get 27mpg driving around normally (sticking to the speed limits) and it drops to about 24mpg when im heavier on the loud pedal - its a 1.6 16v!! :( Wish i could see over 35mpg haha

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Nothing wrong with that.

How much fuel you use on a motorway is only slightly affected by how fast you cruise at...what really makes it drink is accelerating.

Your run back...light traffic? Constant speed maintained?

Racing blue 182
i did 80 all the way somewhere on the motorway and it happily sat at 42mpg all the way for about an hour or so

53 Clio's & counting
iv just dont 312 miles on my latest tank, it cost £38.49p to fill up @ 1.00 pr ltr so with my bad mathematics skills i make that out at 36.97 mpg?

impressed myself with that one!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Recently going to newcastle i managed 364.2 miles out of the tank ranging from 39-45mpg.

These figures only belong on the motorway. She doesnt like it any other way that 31 mpg every where else lol

Clio 182 FF Cup
Is this something to do with phase ones having longer gearing? My 182 does 35-38MPG on motorways @ 80ish. Never managed over 40mpg no matter what iv tried.

53 Clio's & counting
maybe its all the little things? longer gearing, thinner tyres, lower weight, not much on there own but together i would imagine make up a few mpg?