ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How quick is a clio williams?

LOL How many cars you got, Ralph? Thought you had a 225.

Just the one and one motorbike. 225! God knows how you got that impression, although I have test driven the megane around 4times lol.

I was merely comparing the GTT to all my cars post Renault 5 lol. I've only ever had one car at once sort of. Had three cars at one point lol.

cup 182 mit stripes
Does Lunner equate the cute, curvy lines of mk2 with gayness? Says more about his sexuality than I would.

M

mini-valver

The only problem with mk1's is how often they break. Moneypits if you get a bad one......

Still like mk1s though they have that 'oneness' that old Renaults had. I can see it shine through in the 182 as well.

Its an odd thing. Its endeared me to Renaults all my life tbh, even when I get another marque I always come back for more.

cup 182 mit stripes
LOL Renault allways made quirky cars, some times naff, some times brilliant.
That's why we love them.

M

mini-valver

Fair points, unless you're on the recieving end of a huge repair bill ;)

Monblue bombay badboy!
williams i have have found are quicker because they are lighter which is mainly due to the weight lost from the arches rotting away!:rasp:

cup 182 mit stripes
Fair points, unless you're on the recieving end of a huge repair bill ;)

In my youth, scores of hours working on these old clunkers were rewarding in the sense they kept me out off the pub. These days if I can't afford a reasonably new motor, I wont have one at all.

Mk1 vs Mk2 day... who won? nuff said. Thank you please ;)

Williams is faster, I've owned one, had access to 172's and 182's stock and tuned. My Williams was quicker than Donny's off here as we used to have numerous plays and that's a rare 172 engine that actually makes 172bhp. Ask Boz what happened when he tried to take on the mighty Williams. Once again, couldn't compete against an 11 year old (at the time) car that was 2 up with a boot full of camping gear and 4 wheels with tyres.
Peak power 1*2's make more of, but then they also run far wilder cams and need the VVT to idle smoothly. Even then the Williams makes a better spread of power. Dispute it all you want girls, technology just never moved on, it went backwards if anything. I may replace the F4R for an F7R in mine ;)

Ha ha, I thought you were talking about me in the earlier post, that was ages ago! Admit your car was going well, but being on the M1 and liking my license was a factor. Also my car was tight at the time, and yours wasn't exactly standard was it ;)
All said and done though, I recon the pace of a Williams and 182 is almost identical, and the Williams has better handling as standard.

Every driving nut loves their license, but we were above the speed limit when we started going for it lol. It wasn't standard no, but we had a lot more weight in the car and still pulled away easily even when Jon left it in 5th :) Oh, totally forgot about Gee as well, he was in tow in the Glanza V, that were f**king quick as well... very quick

On track before that no other 1*2 was even coming close, the only things to go past all day were Ultima's, a Radical and Ross' M3 CSL

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
Although Jon, There was verry little in it...plus, mine was standard...and yours had been played with!!! ;) :quiet:

She's still doing alright with 175.3Bhp with just panel filter and replacement exhaust!!! I do think my Cup was quick out of the box

true, not a lot in it at all until the speeds crept towards... something not quite legal! ;) was a back box and an open IK I had on at the time, down on power if anything :)

yours is deffo one of the quicker Cups, so it just goes to show how blinkered some of the other posters are on here. A well looked after Williams is easily as quick as a Mk2, stock or mod for mod... really regret selling that car now, wish I'd kept it as a toy as it had some crazy potential :(

Donny, might be heading down your way in the next couple of weeks fella, we'll have to catch up as it's been a while now mate!

not bad, mine made 179bhp wiv 182 manifold, d-cat, n magnex cat bak + viper wiv no CAF at the time. what exhaust were u running??

williams and trophy
and what better way to show how quick it is than to compare with a williams ;)

the time is coming lol.

Polo GTi
and what better way to show how quick it is than to compare with a williams ;)

the time is coming lol.

haha already had a side by side with my Williams on the way to Anglesey, the Willy handed the Cup its ass, and fuckin Stu wsas driving the Willy, he aint exactly, Schumacher hehe

williams 2
lol i cant wait to up date this wen my lil beasty is finished!!

gotta hurry....(now on way to garage to make noice's with air guns and stuff)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
not bad, mine made 179bhp wiv 182 manifold, d-cat, n magnex cat bak + viper wiv no CAF at the time. what exhaust were u running??

I was (still am!) running a Pro-speed stealth exhaust.

The car (on same rollers last year) ran 172.3...with standard exhaust and standard filter...but the exhaust fell off 3 days later...so could have not been performing quite up to scratch!

My Hybrid was bloody fast. My mate has it now and it's quicker than my 172 to 60. Past that mine has the advantage.

Also the mk1 has a dimma kit on and 17 inch wheels. Kind of miss it :(

Clio Dci100 Dynamique
I do a lot of motorway miles so it'd be crazy to chop in the dci for it but i'm tempted...

wot kinda mileage can i expect on a tank with the willy? also i noticed that most of them under 5grand hav moon miles on em! does that matter, surely that kinda mileage on that type of engine coupled with age has gotta be a bad thing?? :s would it really be sensible to buy a car with 122,000 miles on it?

Clio Dci100 Dynamique
not really.

try to get one with under 100k.

my valver would do about 300 miles to £45

umm sorry to be thick but whats a valver? :eek:
Is it the williams you have or the 1.8?

My current car dci does 650miles to £50 so bit of a difference there lol

williams and trophy
i found the williams nearly as economical as the mrs' dci wen i was driving tbh.

fukkin hateful hateful cars those dcis.

absolute w**k.

the willy usually returns about 100 miles to a £10.

not bad.

as for mileage, as long as th engines been well looked after, full service history etc, then theres no need to worry bout it. iv had vws, fords, vaux, bl, etc etc etc, usually rendered absolutely fukt after 12 months of my driving, had the willy over 6 years now, still keeps comin back for more.

williams and trophy
rs turbos are , and always have been fragile at the best of times lol.

the clios, over 7 years ownership/thrashing them.iv never broke an engine. tried hard lol

iv broke cams.or rather kents dire quality control helped me break the cams, broke a few gearboxes, which is always gunna happen the way i drive tbh, but iv never broke a well cared for engine, spun a bearing on 1 thats been stood a few years, then given the 2 live test drive lol. but again...stood for years, with old oil...was bound to happen. haha.

bulletproof btm ends imo.

Clio Dci100 Dynamique
lol, my dci's not too hateful 2 live, its 130bhp ;) i imagine the one ure mrs had was a 65? My gearbox isn't too nice tho, all clunky and very uninspiring :p
How much would i expect to pay on a decent willy? wot age best to go for? version 1,2,3? Would Lpg coversion be sacrilage lol

williams and trophy
yes lpg would be nearly as bad as having a williams n never driving the fukking thing ;)

sacreledge.

imo, the only one to own is the williams 1, which is why i have 2 of em lol, owned a willy 2 also. the willy 2s,3s, the 3 u might as well buy a valver n mod it, the 2 is better than the 3, but then has the ph2 trim, i personally prefer the ph1 , except the grille.

prices are pretty much rock bottom at the mo, 0159 i bought 6 years ago, paid £5400 for it, 0051 i bout 18 months ago, paid £800 for it.

id say you can pick a decent one up for a couple grand now.

and yes. th mrs' was a 65. but it wasnt just the gutless lump i hated. the interior was uncomfy as fuk, numb ass after a few hours driving, driving position s**t, cabin space smaller than the williams, (or felt it), boot smaller than a mk1. was a dynamique thing too so thought it would have been better.

Clio Dci100 Dynamique
so wot kinda milegage did u hav on yours?
I tried a national search on the autotrader and the only 2granders had 122,000+ on em :(

Clio Dci100 Dynamique
And they really get 100miles to a tenner? Cos thats must be around 35-40mpg? :s i thought the official quoted figures were around 22mpg, thats why i held off gettin one :(

williams and trophy
yes mate, roughly. just done a round trip to spa, 700 odd miles, full tank on set off, 38 euros over there, and a refill after the track day, 50 euros, still had 1/4 tank wen i got home. was a bit in the tank before i set off, but took about £40 iirc. 38 euros refill in liege, then again in spa. but mine is a quite a bit thirstier than std, with the cams/remap/my right foot etc.

mileage on 0159 when bought was 45k, 0051 was 92k

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
on a decent run you will get 100 miles not round town though...maybe 70-75 normal everyday driving

S2000
on a decent run you will get 100 miles not round town though...maybe 70-75 normal everyday driving

Pretty much what I was going to say. On a motorway I reckon I get about 90 miles to £10 but around town and everyday I don't see much more than 65 a lot of the time - admitadely thats with a heavy right foot once its warmed up though. I think it does vary a bit from one to the other though as some people seem to get better/worse MPG than I do.

williams and trophy
aye. with the bodies on....taking the kids to school n back .....2 miles. needs refilling after about 6 weeks

but tbh, if mpg your thing. get summat else, lpg or hybrid.

if your driving for love of driving..then its gotta be a willy ;)

53 Clio's & counting
And they really get 100miles to a tenner? Cos thats must be around 35-40mpg? :s i thought the official quoted figures were around 22mpg, thats why i held off gettin one :(

100 to ten pounds is 50 mpg going on fuel prices round here of super being 1.00 per ltr,my old hybrid avaraged 90-95 miles to a tenner week in week out,though i do drive slowly to work and bk,and have my fun @ the weekends