ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How practical is the V6 (56k ’ish)

Hello all,I know this will sound like a strange question, but how practical is the clio V6 as an only car.How big is the boot in the nose, and is there any storage in the back behind the engine? Finally, can you sqeeze anything behind the seats or on top of the engine cover?I have looked for pictures, but I can only find ones of the interior looking forward at the dash. If anyone can help with some pictures, that would be great.My local dealer doesnt have a demo car, and Im reluctant to track one down if I definately cant live with it day to day.Any comments gratefully received.Dave.

[Edited by James on 10/21/2004 7:05:32 AM]

P

peterh2

Yes there is space to put stuff on top of the engine in the cabin but this will restrict your rear view.

There is also a space behind the engine in which you could probably get a golf bag.

The storage space under the bonnet is quite limited but will take a few shopping bags.

There is some space behind the seats too, I can get two small flight bags on there with enough stuff in for a few days away, which is better than I thought.

Simon.

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Quote: Originally posted by shmall on 20 October 2004

There is some space behind the seats too, I can get two small flight bags on there with enough stuff in for a few days away, which is better than I thought.

Simon.
Simon, do you reckon you could get a lightweight babies buggy behind the seats ??

if your looking for a practical car buy a people carrier.

If you want a mad mid engined totally impractical, drop dead gorgeouse sports car then buy a V6.

There is also a wieght restriction for the "Boot" in the nose which is 60lbs.

But hey you only live once rite.....................what the he11 just go for it eh:cool:

Cheers Stu

Renault Laguna Coupe

The v6 is my only car. I must admit its far more practical than I imagined. There really is a lot of space behind the front seats. You can get 2 roller-cases in there easily.

Things to remember:

Space in the front is big, but not watertight as has been mentioned. It also gets very hot in there.
Anything you put on the engine cover will get fried after a while (might not matter though).
Its just BIG things that are a problem, particularly if you have a passenger.

Basically, if you drive one, you WILL buy it - its intoxicating. You learn to plan ahead and live with the space restrictions.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by Adamf on 21 October 2004

Has the V6 got nicer carpet than all the other Clios? Or is it the same as the 172/182?
exactly the same as a 182 in the cabin. (except more noise!)

no, you couldnt get a full suitcase in the nose - its an irregular shape

and anyone who even dreams of getting a set of golf clubs in it anywhere is doing just that - dreaming!!!!!!!!!!

however, having said that, we can go away for 5 days at a time, with two helmets, and fit it all in!

you just have to adapt the size of luggage you carry - I bought some "specific" bags to fit in the spaces available.

but after all - you dont buy a Vee to be practical - you buy it cos it is superb fun ....... in my opinion anyway!

:D :D

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Could you not get the boot liner remade?

seems a poor design.

did they fix the brake fluid issue the mk1 had with the mk2?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Gay!

Why not just fit a luton body.

Regarding the brake fluid thing.

According to a few people i hear the brake fluid bottle leaked and melted the liner.

also, the space under the "bonnet" is an irregular shape in itself, its designed to take an engine, not a suitcase, so I dont think the design/shape of the liner could be that different

David16v did at one point mention making a carbon boot liner with sealable lid for the v6s, not sure on its progress tho.

oh, yeah, thats one thing nobody has mentioned - the front "boot/bonnet" liner is not waterproof, but black bags do a good job!

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by specialK on 21 October 2004
oh, yeah, thats one thing nobody has mentioned - the front "boot/bonnet" liner is not waterproof, but black bags do a good job!

^^ somebody had already mentioned that one!!
;)

Quote: Originally posted by mark_n on 21 October 2004

I dont understand why Renault didnt make the bonnet space more like a 911.
Maybe it because the 911 was designed from the outset as a rear engined RWD car where as the Clio V6 was meant to have an engine up front....:D

Still theres enough room for me and the wife and some lugage to go away ofr a few days without the kids....;), for kids and shopping O use my other car....

Simon.

I guess the Clio V6 could be used as an everyday car, but not if you have 2 kids like me......lol

Thanks guys.......

I did realise that the V6 would not be as big inside as an MPV ;)....

.....but as it will be my only car it still needs to move me around with some stuff from time to time. Seems that there is quite a lot of room for squashy bags - I guess you just have to plan ahead. I like the tip about buying cases that fit behind the seats. Small price to pay for being able to go to Le Mans next summer!

Also, it is nice to be able to leave the car with nothing on show, so the two boots are really useful (even if I cant drive with stuff in the front due to water getting in).

Just one more question :oops:.

How much attention does the car attract. Yes, I know that is half the point of having one, but is it nice and friendly or a bit of a pain in the arse.

Im happy with a car perfect strangers ask about in the car park, but I dont want to worry about it getting nicked every time I leave it in the pay and display. I guess every guy with a one litre Citroen AX (and big wheels) will want to race it, but that sort of goes with the territory.

I really like the idea of a Vee, just trying to get my brain around living with one.

However, part of me is thinking that once I have a go Ill be buying one, stuff the consequences!

Now.... do I get I black or a red one??.......the blue is nice.........then theres the yellow............or how about bronze............ life is just full of tricky decisions!

P.S. Great forum. Very friendly and informative. Hope I can add something useful eventually.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by daveh on 21 October 2004

How much attention does the car attract. Yes, I know that is half the point of having one, but is it nice and friendly or a bit of a pain in the arse.

Im happy with a car perfect strangers ask about in the car park, but I dont want to worry about it getting nicked every time I leave it in the pay and display. I guess every guy with a one litre Citroen AX (and big wheels) will want to race it, but that sort of goes with the territory.
Lets put it this way. If Britney was walking down the street naked and a V6 came around the corner, the lads would all have their eyes on the car. Gets more attention than the Beckhams on an opening night.

Most of the time its quite healthy attention though. At my office for example, if you turn up in a Porsche, you are a pretentious w4nker. In the Vee its completely different - its just not regarded as any sort of a status-symbol. Its just, well, mad!

attention is manic! I drive ours in and out of London, and get a lot of "looks" in the slow traffic. Most of the attention is in a good way tho - although it does sometimes encourage people to drive like tits, like to catch up on a relatively busy road to have a look etc!!

However, have had it since Feb now, done over 16k in it, park it anywhere and everywhere - because it gets used a lot, and had no probs!

just do it - you know you want to - oh, and of course black is quicker! ;)

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Quote: Originally posted by James on 21 October 2004

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1098338668__cliov610.jpg

I think a small buggy would fit on the shelf. I was able to get about four shopping bags full on the shelf. Things in the front can get damp unless well sealed. You also have the passenger floor of course.
Big thanks James!!! Exactly the picture I needed :)

Missus has the 7 seater, but there are always the occasions where 2 kids have to go one way, and 1 the other. "Umbrella" buggy would fit no probs there for the occasions where my youngest had went in the Vee.

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 21 October 2004

Quote: Originally posted by daveh on 21 October 2004

Lets put it this way. If Britney was walking down the street naked and a V6 came around the corner, the lads would all have their eyes on the car. Gets more attention than the Beckhams on an opening night.

Most of the time its quite healthy attention though. At my office for example, if you turn up in a Porsche, you are a pretentious w4nker. In the Vee its completely different - its just not regarded as any sort of a status-symbol. Its just, well, mad!

Well put Mike:D and believe me its absolutely spot on true oh yeah:D

As has also been said "dont just think about it JUST DO IT"

Cya Stu

[Edited by stusV6 on 21 October 2004 at 10:10pm]

Renault Laguna Coupe

^^^ even I didnt have the bottle to order that James, we already have one car that colour, 2 on the drive would cause civil unrest!