ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How old were you when you got your Clio 172/182?

Track 172 & Golf R32
only being 18 nearly 19 and being desperate to get behind the wheel of a clio sport i was wondering how old you were when u got your clio sport.

my insurance company said 20 but the premium will be high

i drive a 1.2 16v at the moment which im tarting up at the moment with some of the sport features. but just cant bloody wait to get the real thing.

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
Re: How old was you when u got your Clio 172/182

i was 21 with 1 yrs no claims 900 fully comp :D

Mondeo TXS Bardge.

search dood, a million and one threads on this. but i think the average was 20-21

C

Cupster

21 for my first, 25 for my second.

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo

i was on my mums policy for three years had 1 prang that was 50/50

Writen off dci 100

just gone 20 when a got mine im paying 1350 fully comp with mods (1100 without) thats with 2 ncb and i can drive any other car on third party

RB 197 + Cup Pack

Got my 172 Cup at 19, and just got my 197 in March (23 now).

Snotter's

got my williams at 19 and insurance raped me, now driving a new s3 at 25 which still aint cheap to insure.

EP3 Civic Type R

Might be worth looking at a Valver, or a Mk2 1.6 and give it another year if you're getting really crap quotes?

I had a valver at 18, Fiesta Turbo at 19 and then my 172 Cup I bought when I turned 21. Helps being a girl I'm afraid :( I always refused to pay anything over £900ish quid as that's extorsion to me, for a car.

Track 172 & Golf R32

yeh i reckon if i dont have a prang before 20 then il be able to get one without being raped by the insurance. i cant wait thou drove my cousins and there a diferent class !

Black Gold with cup packs

19-172
20-182cup/172
23-197cup
now have a 172cup

Track 172 & Golf R32

dont shelias wheels and that crap come under sexism and im gonna try not to start a debate on which sex are the better drivers here but i was following some girl the other day trying to do her make up doin 60 down the a10 no thats safe lol

Was 25 when I got the 172, had a Williams before that since I was 21, but had to be that age to get insurance, as I tried to put my sister on but she was too young.

EP3 Civic Type R

dont shelias wheels and that crap come under sexism and im gonna try not to start a debate on which sex are the better drivers here but i was following some girl the other day trying to do her make up doin 60 down the a10 no thats safe lol

Nope it's not... but neither is shaving down the motorway at 70mph (And that wasn't a girl with her legs out of the window) ;)

There is no debate about it. As you mention, there are so many sh*t female drivers... but the statistics are more males have accidents than females I'm afraid! :)

Nope it's not... but neither is shaving down the motorway at 70mph (And that wasn't a girl with her legs out of the window) ;)

There is no debate about it. As you mention, there are so many sh*t female drivers... but the statistics are more males have accidents than females I'm afraid! :)

wrong

Statistics say WOMEN have more accidents

Just when blokes have accidents they cost the insurance company more.... lol

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member

i drove a 1.2 dynamique for 3-4 years and got my sport at 22.

My advice would be: dont drive a sport until you have the funds and capability to own one because after a test drive you just have to have it.

EP3 Civic Type R

wrong

Statistics say WOMEN have more accidents

Just when blokes have accidents they cost the insurance company more.... lol

I stand corrected then! Blokes always have to go one better eh LOL!

Last edited:
  Track 172 & Golf R32

insurance now is nearing a scam because wen people do have an accident theyl avoid every possible way of claiming unless its something like a write off .

182 has now gone!

I was 24 when I got my 182.. insurance was around £500 I think..

Women certainly cause more accidents, just there isn't a statistic to show the cause.

It's: "looking at a birds arse and went into the back of someone"
It's almost had the better of me a couple of times.

320d

I want a sport badly next year, but i dont think 19 with 1 ncb will be enough, thats if i make 1 ncb going to drive like a saint for a year though in a hope of getting a decent car next september

Porsche Boxster987S

just got mine at 20 / 0 ncbs / 1800 fully comp

Clio 200

i drove a 1.2 dynamique for 3-4 years and got my sport at 22.

My advice would be: dont drive a sport until you have the funds and capability to own one because after a test drive you just have to have it.

cant agree more with that.

i never seen the point in having fast/quick cars then danny chau gave me a shot of his 182 arse made me want one so ended up with a 172 lol

also meant to say am 21 now 0cb 1 non fault claim and its 1080 fully comp

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

got my 172 when i was 17 but didnt insure it till i was 18. Now have a ph2 172 and ph1 172 track car (shared with Bazzon) at 18 :D

/carl