ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How not to keep your cool at the Nurburgring...

Status
Not open for further replies.
  dan's cast offs.
and people ask why i don't want to go to 'the ring' classic small penis syndrome:sleeping:

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
1. Wiggling your steering after coming out the pits. Better heat up dem tyres boi!
2. S2K dash held in with hopes and dreams.
3. Was that a One Direction CD at 6:08? Even if you chuck it in the back, you're still gay.
4. Talking about gay, cheeky leg stroke by passenger at 4 minutes.
5. Ginger Rage
6. Please mind the 2mm gap. TFGP y0.
7. At no point did you get out of the car and beat him to death.
Overall Verdict: 5/10 - VTEC Kicked In y0 (but that VW is still pulling away from me)

Haha. You're still here! I thought the CS mob would have ended you after your comments in that Ken Block thread a while back.

Anyway,
1. You have to do that or you hit cones. The cones are there to slow you before it's safe I guess.

2. Thats funny, its so loose. Im going back to OEM clocks now as the S2k stops at 106mph!

3. It was my Ring Card. I must not have put it in the pocket correctly and feared I was going to slip on it.

4. That was him trying to grab the ring card for me after seeing me struggle <3

5. Neither of us are ginger

6. Also made me laugh. A gap is a gap!

7. I was going to have a chat, but noticed he was JDM. There were a group who were visiting the ring and one of them waved at the teg earlier at the fuel station. Probably just didn't know the rules, didn't want to ruin his holiday

I've found some more info on the Scirocco.
Theyre stripped, buckets and cage. Weigh 1250kg and are "stage 2" tuned - no bhp figure given. Think they run 888's too, most the rentals do.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Double post.

f23e739ee30778bce0fa19ccabc68366.jpg

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Haha. You're still here! I thought the CS mob would have ended you after your comments in that Ken Block thread a while back.
CS is full of armchair experts TBH. Should've seen the westfield thread recently. I was getting nicely grilled until some more 'CS Famous' people agreed with me.

Swift Sport
CS is full of armchair experts TBH. Should've seen the westfield thread recently. I was getting nicely grilled until some more 'CS Famous' people agreed with me.

Since CS has become renowned for its wealth of knowledge, I've since sold my brain on eBay and will be using the money to pay for a lifetime membership of CS.

Swift Sport
Here's what you could have won:
Red harnesses, red numbers on the clocks, red hazard button

I wouldn't take much notice of the responses by the way, as most members have only been to the 'Ring in their bedroom.
You were being a nob though, but you've admitted that lol.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
it was quite clear you weren't going to pass. Both cars were evenly pitched. The boxer took him instantly.
Considering its not a race, I would have simply slowed, cooled the car, gave him a nice gap and then enjoyed the rest of the lap. Instead you just stuck on his tail, failed to exploit the chassis, over used your brakes and got incredibly frustrated.... Your looking for an accident.

Leave the ego out and enjoy the day.

Christ.
This. Exactly this.
The only thing I saw in the video was a war of egos.

I've been on countless track days where some chump in an Impreza won't move over. Rather than sitting on his back bumper and risking a massive crash, I just let off the pedal for 30 seconds and then carry on enjoying myself.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
This. Exactly this.
The only thing I saw in the video was a war of egos.

I've been on countless track days where some chump in an Impreza won't move over. Rather than sitting on his back bumper and risking a massive crash, I just let off the pedal for 30 seconds and then carry on enjoying myself.

Ever stuck on their bumper til they crash?

64c2a8c2d7ae7064fa5712902aa1dda7.jpg

(just kidding, but thats what happens when you battle a teg)

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Standard "i've never been competitive at anything in my life" response!
But the ring isn't a place to be competitive?

It only gonna be a matter of time before you post a thread on here with pics of your stacked car at the ring. Or even worse....someone else will be posting on your behalf

SQ5
It isn't a trackday mate, it's a tourist lap.

He should have let me pass, I would've pulled well ahead!

Instead he nearly takes me out once or twice, or do I nearly take myself out, got a bit heated...

Being a tourist lap, do you expect people on normal roads to pull over for you to pass when you're going marginally quicker sometimes?

If it was a trackday then he should of, not normal driving.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Being a tourist lap, do you expect people on normal roads to pull over for you to pass when you're going marginally quicker sometimes?

If it was a trackday then he should of, not normal driving.

It's not like a normal road though is it lol.

I've done a few trackdays and laps of the ring now and never had this!

SQ5
It's not like a normal road though is it lol.

I've done a few trackdays and laps of the ring now and never had this!

I've done hundreds of trackdays and been around the ring a few times too.

It is a normal road yes, hence why all road laws apply on the nurburgring. It's a toll road, so they apply.

How many times have you driven faster than someone on a normal road and they've not pulled over for you. I imagine many.

Status
Not open for further replies.