ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How not to keep your cool at the Nurburgring...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand. He was faster down the straight; you were quicker in the corners...
I've never been on a track day, so I'm not winding you up - I may be missing something entirely.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
I don't understand. He was faster down the straight; you were quicker in the corners...
I've never been on a track day, so I'm not winding you up - I may be missing something entirely.

It isn't a trackday mate, it's a tourist lap.

He should have let me pass, I would've pulled well ahead!

Instead he nearly takes me out once or twice, or do I nearly take myself out, got a bit heated...

It isn't a trackday mate, it's a tourist lap.

He should have let me pass, I would've pulled well ahead!

Instead he nearly takes me out once or twice, or do I nearly take myself out, got a bit heated...
Oh. OK. Would you have let him pass on the straights, as he clearly pulls a decent lead on you? Not convinced chap to be honest!

Teg seems to go pretty well mate, although personally I'd have probably let off for a bit and let the Scirocco get ahead so it wasn't an issue, f**k having a smash over there and the faff involved afterwards.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Um..not sure what that was all about really. Don't be too upset getting beaten off a rental, they're usually faster anyway. I'm just jesting. Don't get wound up on track regardless of what's going on. It's too risky when the speeds and egos are involved.

Your passenger seemed enraged. In future just back off and enjoy your lap:)

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Oh. OK. Would you have let him pass on the straights, as he clearly pulls a decent lead on you? Not convinced chap to be honest!
Did you watch the video? I let him pass on the straight expecting him to pull away. It's evident from the first few corners that I was going to do a faster lap, he should have pulled over!

Inferno 225 cup
Yours and his driving was borderline silly, both could have caused a major accident for all of what?? A average lap time?

Don't be so aggressive, keep your cool and back off next time.

Did you watch the video? I let him pass on the straight expecting him to pull away. It's evident from the first few corners that I was going to do a faster lap, he should have pulled over!
Yes, hence my comment of him pulling away out of the corners. And the fact you've let him pass surely proves that he was quicker and thus you should have backed off a bit to let him move up the track...

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
To be fair you both have pretty even matched cars. He was quicker on straights, you in the corners.

No point driving like a dick and throwing your toys out the pram. I guess a tourist lap is all about shaving the seconds off though bro?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Teg seems to go pretty well mate, although personally I'd have probably let off for a bit and let the Scirocco get ahead so it wasn't an issue, f**k having a smash over there and the faff involved afterwards.

That's what I thought.

Looked like a battle of egos as much as it was cars.

Clio
Just watched the video and two things jumped out at me....
1) You never had the skills to pass him
or
2) You never had the balls to pass him.

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Arguable, you both ruined each other's laps. :tongueclosed:

Nah, was still a lot of fun
934f2f7d18558a7d725deabfa1855c2b.jpg

Listerine & Poledo
Any real racer knows that...

If this is any less than an utterly tongue-in-cheek statement then either
1) Pics of your BRDC paperwork & license please, to demonstrate how your self-supposed superiority is justified
or
2) quit being a dickcheese

of course, if I've missed the sarcasm, then fair play, but as any real racer knows, if you don't go for a gap...you're no longer a racing driver. And there were definitely some gaps you could have taken ;)

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
If this is any less than an utterly tongue-in-cheek statement then either
1) Pics of your BRDC paperwork & license please, to demonstrate how your self-supposed superiority is justified
or
2) quit being a dickcheese

of course, if I've missed the sarcasm, then fair play, but as any real racer knows, if you don't go for a gap...you're no longer a racing driver. And there were definitely some gaps you could have taken ;)

Of course its sarcasm. Fast and Furious quotes and Honda videos go hand in hand.

There weren't many gaps that were remotely safe. Remember you have to overtake on the left. This guy clearly had no clue what the rules were and I had to have the car in one piece to drive home lol.

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
Why didn't you call him a gimp?

Cars look equally matched as does talent, rage seems to be coming from passenger of Teg, dunno what its got to do with him.

R26
Why didn't you call him a gimp?

Cars look equally matched as does talent, rage seems to be coming from passenger of Teg, dunno what its got to do with him.
Yeah what a prick he is….

P.s a few arm waves + a middle finger = rage.

Seems legit.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
1. Wiggling your steering after coming out the pits. Better heat up dem tyres boi!
2. S2K dash held in with hopes and dreams.
3. Was that a One Direction CD at 6:08? Even if you chuck it in the back, you're still gay.
4. Talking about gay, cheeky leg stroke by passenger at 4 minutes.
5. Ginger Rage
6. Please mind the 2mm gap. TFGP y0.
7. At no point did you get out of the car and beat him to death.
Overall Verdict: 5/10 - VTEC Kicked In y0 (but that VW is still pulling away from me)

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
it was quite clear you weren't going to pass. Both cars were evenly pitched. The boxer took him instantly.
Considering its not a race, I would have simply slowed, cooled the car, gave him a nice gap and then enjoyed the rest of the lap. Instead you just stuck on his tail, failed to exploit the chassis, over used your brakes and got incredibly frustrated.... Your looking for an accident.

Leave the ego out and enjoy the day.

Christ.

One thing I can surely say about that vid: your speedo setup is pretty gangsta:wink:...
About the rage thing...I used to have the same issue. Due to driving a raggedy 205 Gti, a lot of people refused to let me overtake them on the Ring. But imho it is always better to relax, ease of the throttle for 30secs and then continue your round:innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.