ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much?

Hi i've been thinking about getting myself a clio 172 mk2 when i turn 21. Now this its a while away I am currently 19 so i was just trying to figure out how much this car would cost me to run. Hopefully when 21 i will have 2yrs ncb I live in a cat c area i think it is.

Whats the fuel usage like is this thing thirsty or can it be ok.

I would only like a very rough guess if at all possible:)

And finaly if anyone is planning to sell there 172 in oh lets say 1year and half time give me a shout:approve:.

Thanks

cock mobile.
You'll get good insurance. Greenlight seem to give good prices on the 172, just don't not the Cup.

If you rag it alot, you'll get 20mpg, I average 30mpg going to work etc.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
I'd say 30mpg around town and general driving, can see 40mpg on a long run. Ignore the onboard MPG counter, its rubbish. The only hard/fast way is to work it out for yourself pen and paper style.

Lux'd Glacier White R26
^^^ True! I usually average around 32 mpg and thats using the pen and paper method!

If you get trigger happy with the loud pedal you could see V6 mpg........(but you will have a huuuuge smile on your face!!)

Tyson.

Great replys guys very helpfull. I currently have a 1.2 16v clio great car love it to bit, i also pay 2k for insurence which hurts but its that high cus im a first time driver and i live in a bad area and most importantly im young:( .

So you rekon around 1k for insurence if i shop around?

Cheers guys owe you one :D

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
1k for insurance, in a good area, with NCB - all achievable. Its quite a step from the 1.2 so go and have a few test drives, to get used to it.

Yeah very big step up. Like with all things work into it slowly. At least i havent bought a high powered car straight after my driving test pay a million pounds on insurence and crash lol.

One last question, mk2 172 rekon i can get a ok ish one for 7k or less :D and is there anything to look out for e.g. common fault or will it be similar to my 1.2?

cheers again

Nothing like planning ahead dude! If you wanna pay 7k for a 172 in two years time, i'll sell you mine then!