ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much would you pay for a mk2 dci?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Seem impossible to find many of these for sale, but then also hear of people picking them up for £200.

What would you say is a fair price to pay for one in decent condition, 100k ish miles ?

Found a potential but the seller wants £800.

Land Rover
£800 sounds fair if it’s a good one. Long MOT, good tyres and bodywork, clean interior with everything working.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
£800 sounds fair if it’s a good one. Long MOT, good tyres and bodywork, clean interior with everything working.
Mot July
Interior is filthy with a rip inthe seat
Has a tow bar fitted too! Which was used for mororbike trailor...
Passenger window only goes doen a few inches

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
MK2 prices seem to be all over the place. I've been looking at 1.2's for my daughter at around a grand and there's 100k+ shitters and there's 2008 50k cars around there. I've ended up with an 03 1 owner car with 39k on it for £900. I expect dci's will be higher mileage but for the condition that one sounds a bit expensive.

Land Rover
That sounds dear for a scruffy one. I found a lovely 2005 1.2 Extreme for similar money.
The 1.2 16v drives well, but l believe the diesel does over 60mpg.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
You seem pretty handy with the spanners, have you thought about buying one from somewhere like Copart ?
I bought a written off MK4 DCI 2014 with 25k miles for £2500 and fixed it myself with £300 of ebay parts. Its like new now. There are loads on places like Copart too, a lot of them have just got vandalism issues too. Mine only gets used as a daily for work so dont care if its a scrapper.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
I’ve just bought a Mk2 1.5DCi.
2005 (55)
4 owners (2 were husband and wife)
Full service history
Brilliant condition inside and out.

The biggest selling point to me also was
NON Sunroof.

8BBA3985-9A1C-466B-B467-2ECF61E5FBEE.jpeg

It was up for £999, I gave £900.

I sold my ruined Mk2 1.2 for £140 then. So it cost me £760.

The 1.2 was good, as in there was nothing that could majorly go wrong with it, no turbo or anything to worry about maintenance. Such a basic engine. But the 1.5 DCi is much better.
The 1.2 was horrifically slow, anywhere in the Rev range.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
You seem pretty handy with the spanners, have you thought about buying one from somewhere like Copart ?
I bought a written off MK4 DCI 2014 with 25k miles for £2500 and fixed it myself with £300 of ebay parts. Its like new now. There are loads on places like Copart too, a lot of them have just got vandalism issues too. Mine only gets used as a daily for work so dont care if its a scrapper.

I have looked on their site in the past but no idea how it all works. Do you not need to be a trader etc? And i think you need to pay a fee to join them?

Il on a low budget, ideally £600 max. Im using the 182 daily at the minute and want something to use instead of that asap to stop the miles going up.

All of the cars local to me seem to be traders / people trading from their own drive at home, and i assume these are the people picking them up for next to nothing at the auctions! I want to buy private so i know what the history is.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve just bought a Mk2 1.5DCi.
2005 (55)
4 owners (2 were husband and wife)
Full service history
Brilliant condition inside and out.

The biggest selling point to me also was
NON Sunroof.

View attachment 1401914

It was up for £999, I gave £900.

I sold my ruined Mk2 1.2 for £140 then. So it cost me £760.

The 1.2 was good, as in there was nothing that could majorly go wrong with it, no turbo or anything to worry about maintenance. Such a basic engine. But the 1.5 DCi is much better.
The 1.2 was horrifically slow, anywhere in the Rev range.
That looks great, but still pricy. 1.2’s go for nothing but the dci’s are aought after. I had one a year ago which i had owned for a year and only paid £450 for it, but ended up putting petrol in by mistake one night and got rid of it after that. They are amazing when they work properly. My old one did 60+mpg no matter the driving condition.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
That sounds dear for a scruffy one. I found a lovely 2005 1.2 Extreme for similar money.
The 1.2 16v drives well, but l believe the diesel does over 60mpg.
Yes, the dci’s are amazing on fuel, plus the £30 annual tax. And they feel so much more powerfull than the 1.2’s.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
That looks great, but still pricy. 1.2’s go for nothing but the dci’s are aought after. I had one a year ago which i had owned for a year and only paid £450 for it, but ended up putting petrol in by mistake one night and got rid of it after that. They are amazing when they work properly. My old one did 60+mpg no matter the driving condition.

It is on the higher end on the prices, but it was the only good one I came across with decent mileage. The rest were rattling and knocking going over normal roads, smoking and on average they were all moon miles with leaking sunroofs.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
There’s actually none worth buying under £600 on eBay at the moment. 90% of them are non runners and the other 10% are for repairs.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
There’s actually none worth buying under £600 on eBay at the moment. 90% of them are non runners and the other 10% are for repairs.
Very true. Not many at all for sale so maybe thats pushing prices up. Tbf, if you get a working one they are brilliant. Pretty much free driving.

Land Rover
Could you fix the issues with it for £200? If so then you’ll probably not do better.

Bear in mind that it’s probably at the bottom of its price curve. If you valet the interior get any small dents removed and generally give it some TLC you’ll likely get all your money back if you sell.

Racky

ClioSport Club Member
  Minion Yellow
Speaking of Copart...can antyone buy from there, or only traders ? I know you need to pay an anual fee, but they don't say if only traders can apply.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Facebook market place is where it's at I've picked up loads of mk2s for £100-£400 and punted them on trader/ scumtree for £500+

personally I'd pay up to £1500 for a nice spec and condition 80/100, preferably an 80

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Found one local thats just gone online. 65, 115k, £700. Looks decent from the pictures though. New front tyres, new battery, cambelt done 25k ago. Black too so a decent colour. Private seller owned for years sonot a trader flipping for profit.

Reactions: Gus

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds tidy! Sunroof or no sunroof?
Sunroof, but im not too worried by that tbh. I quite like them in a way, and if they leak there is a fix for it which is easy enough to do.

Full year mot going on it this week too. Previous mot history from online check is good. Just the usual and nothing concerning.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Went to view the local dci tonight. I didnt take it away. He wanted £700 and i felt it was a bit too much. Had just passed the mot today after he had replaced a ball joint and put a part worn on the rear as the original had a tear in it.

I took it for a drive and it felt a bit rattly and the engine sounded loud, although i know they do anyway and it is 15 years old.

When on a straight road with my foot down at about 40mph there was white smoke visible in the rear view mirror xoming from the exhaust. Tbf my old one dis this, and it was cold but it dis still put me off. When stationary and revving there was no smoke at all though. Not sure why or what that could be?

Strange this is it had 10 owners! The guy said it had been in the family from 2013 and at least 4 of those were log book changes backwards and forwards between him and his mrs.didnt really make much sense why someone would keep swapping it over.

The body work wasnt too bad and the interior was clean.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
A little bit of condensation out of the exhaust is expected in these low temps so if only a bit of white smoke normal, if its blue and dense expect a turbo swap soon ish, still easy and cheap to do

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Turned out to be a huge waste of time lol!

Handed £675 over. Sorted insurance and road tax before we left.

Got to the a19, and boom warning lights flashing all over the place!!!!

Took it straight back and got my money back. Managed to cancel i surance wothout a fee. Now need to sort road tax out!

Picture of the warning lights. The one on the right was flashing but the 2 on the left were solid. Came on when getting to about 55mph and kept going off then all coming back on again.
27BCA235-7A8E-4DA9-AD18-320EC6AE0D4F.jpeg

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Glowplug light of doom, i bet its been on before and seller was hoping it would not reappear. Should have got half the money back and fixed it prob nothing too bad if it starts up ok from cold

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Glowplug light of doom, i bet its been on before and seller was hoping it would not reappear. Should have got half the money back and fixed it prob nothing too bad if it starts up ok from cold
He asked if i wanted to gamble it for £500 but i said no. Not sure what exactly it would be, plus the black smoke i just thought best walk away with all my money back.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Found one! Just got back from a 300 mile round trip! And what a great find it has been;
Clio dci 100 Initiale so it has all the optional extras, xenons, cruise conteol etc and a bonus for me is that its 5 door model which i really wanted

I will start a progress thread on this one as theres a long list of little things to sort.

CB323350-209B-4CE9-84EB-ABB8261213D8.jpeg

Iceberg PH1 172
Slightly off topic, what would people expect to pay for a MK2 2003 Kangoo van, in blue. Cambelt last nov. 106k. Bit scruffy on bodywork.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190127-152612.png
    Screenshot_20190127-152612.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 79

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Found one! Just got back from a 300 mile round trip! And what a great find it has been;
Clio dci 100 Initiale so it has all the optional extras, xenons, cruise conteol etc and a bonus for me is that its 5 door model which i really wanted

I will start a progress thread on this one as theres a long list of little things to sort.

View attachment 1403785

Awesome! Glad you’ve found one!
Price? Mileage!? ?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Nice find / model !

Nothing wrong with a more door ;) ?

Always bits that need sorting it will be fine
Awesome! Glad you’ve found one!
Price? Mileage!? ?

Thanks mate. 147k , 4 previous owners, price was the best part of it... £200

I bought it from a trader who sells expensive cars, he had about 10 teslers in his yard, loads of nissan electric cars and large vans etc. He had took it in part ex yesterday and uploaded it to autotrader yeaterday afternoon for £250. He listed it as spairs or repairs as engine management light was on and mot runs out in 17 days. I rang yesterday evening and he said if it doesnt sell he will scrap ot. When i got there today he said he had 7 calls about it since id rang him. I offered him £200 and he took it. Gave me a proper invoice reciept for it as he would with any of his cars lol.

150 mile journey home and ran perfect all the way.