ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much will it cost.

1.2 daily +172 ph1
I have been the owner of a 1.2 dynamique gold for 6 months now and was wondering how much it would cost to put in a 172 engine :cool:

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
I have been the owner of a 1.2 dynamique gold for 6 months now and was wondering how much it would cost to put in a 172 engine :cool:

depends what price you can get a engine at,

im doing it very soon, pickin up a engine end of month from a member on here :) i was unsure if other parts would fit from my 1.2, but infact nearly all the parts work,

Just you need to sort out the aircon unit, and making the alternator setup same as the Cup, and the Power steering

Have a look here ;)

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=419371

1.2 daily +172 ph1
depends what price you can get a engine at,

im doing it very soon, pickin up a engine end of month from a member on here :) i was unsure if other parts would fit from my 1.2, but infact nearly all the parts work,

Just you need to sort out the aircon unit, and making the alternator setup same as the Cup, and the Power steering

Have a look here ;)

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=419371

I can get the engine for around £700 working with 70k on the clock

Shed.
im only 17 and i would never get insured on a 172

Then you have answered your own question. Why dont you open up an ISA and put some money away every month so you can but a 197 or something newer when you get to the ripe old age of 20 or 21.

SG9 Forester STi
I'd considered it before but then I thought to myself it'd never be a r.sport so im just sacking that idea and getting a new car next year.

1.2 daily +172 ph1
who saids im going to insure it as a 172 its not like there guna no its a 172 the only way is if they demand for it to go for a mot and then im fucked

Megane 225 F1
who saids im going to insure it as a 172 its not like there guna no its a 172 the only way is if they demand for it to go for a mot and then im f**ked

Or if you crash and then they see that it has a 2ltr engine in it and then they f**k you over

Charged Superleggera
k tec will do it for just under 3k. if you want to do it then do it regardless of what people say. im considering doing it next year depending on funds

Mustang, S13, AX GT
who saids im going to insure it as a 172 its not like there guna no its a 172 the only way is if they demand for it to go for a mot and then im f**ked
just not the smartest post to put on a car enthusiasts forum really that...

Gal

A Clee O
Whilst I agree with the comments by Kneel, anybody who was reading that could see he was just going to stick an engine in and pretend it was a 1.2 still.

Stupid thing to do and will get severely arse raped when he crashes.

If your going to change the engine, brakes and suspension would be worth looking at as well.

Mk2 Clio dci

Not insuring it properly is the stupidest thing to do. Just wait till you can afford it properly and get some driving practice/experience in first would be a good idea.

Oh, last time i checked, MOTs were compulsary, and not just a demand for your particular car at random?

But obviously it's your choice!

Last edited:
  1.2 daily +172 ph1
Whilst I agree with the comments by Kneel, anybody who was reading that could see he was just going to stick an engine in and pretend it was a 1.2 still.

Stupid thing to do and will get severely arse raped when he crashes.

If your going to change the engine, brakes and suspension would be worth looking at as well.

m8te im not going to kill myself il have it all dun and use it where i feel sfe

This whole thread reeks of fail, Pretending your 1.2 is still a 1.2 after you've stuck a 2.0 engine in it is stupid regardless of putting it on a public forum or doing it in real life.

I thought about doing a conversion, But after i realised i couldnt afford it (going insured, I wouldnt otherwise) I decided to stick with the 1.2. Just wait a few years, Or get a different car with an engine bigger that you can afford to get insured on.

given all the money you'd spend on brakes suspension etc etc i can't see it making financial sense. besides you have to notify dvla of changes otherwise come mot time (unless you have a blind mot tester) you will likely get rumbled

S4 Avant
This is the worst idea I have ever heard.

I suggest you grow up a tad, before throwing wild statements round, like not declaring an engine transplant to your insurance company.

1.2 daily +172 ph1
This is the worst idea I have ever heard.

I suggest you grow up a tad, before throwing wild statements round, like not declaring an engine transplant to your insurance company.

lol all i was asking for was prices not a letcher for f**k sack

Last edited:

Cro

Meg'd r27
Why would you get anything else? People driving uninsured are the reason that we pay such high premiums, why should we bust our ass for you to not be insured properly and when somebody like that crashes into us we still get stiffed for the bill!?!

Jog on mate if you think you would get a response other than that!

Ph1
k tec will do it for just under 3k. if you want to do it then do it regardless of what people say. im considering doing it next year depending on funds

You'd have to be off your rocker to spend nearly 3k putting a 172 engine in a 1.2 when prices for 172's are at rock bottom as they are!

1.2 Trade in rough guess = 2k
Conversion cost = 3k

Total = 5k = very good 172

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
You'd have to be off your rocker to spend nearly 3k putting a 172 engine in a 1.2 when prices for 172's are at rock bottom as they are!

1.2 Trade in rough guess = 2k
Conversion cost = 3k

Total = 5k = very good 172

paid 6k for my 172 18months ago

defo worth buying one than doing convirsion

clio rs
thats the most silly conversion u can ever do - basically ur putting a good engine in a crap body.

why dont u just buy a 172 and make it look like a dynamique gold - alot cheaper and u can sell off all the 172 styling

Monaco 172
i wouldnt bother tbh mate. Like most ppl say on ere, just wait until u can do it properly and legally, i have wanted a CS since i was 18, i'm now 22 and have just been able to get insured and get stuff sorted. They are worth the wait. And if you put a 172 in a 1.2 body, it will just fall to pieces around the engine. Like said previously, just save a little every month until u can afford a decent car. everyone starts out with sh!t when they first start driving. It will come!

Williams 3
Everything about what you are preparing to do makes no sense whatsoever. As for posting on a public forum that you intend on replacing the engine on your car for a higher performance one then refraining from telling your insurance company makes you a complete tosser. Didn't you know that insurance companies have access to the internet?

I pay my insurance, so why shouldn't you?

Cro

Meg'd r27
Now lets not get rediculous people, it's not the silliest conversion out there, and the car certainly wont 'fall to pieces' around you. Plenty of good conversions out there that out perform and handle most standards, mine, ditz and yozzas all spring to mine to name a few :)

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Lol good luck, nearly everything from your 1.2 works..... with alot of fabrication I would imagine. You are also going to need to sort out abs, and alot of wiring to name a few things

i kno what i have to do, iv allready spoken to people about it, ABS is not gettin done, so i wont have ABS for 1-2 months,

Mini Cooper

Sorry don't like to be rude but you actually are an idiot. What gives you the right to be exempt from paying insurance

FLOL at "if they demand for it to go for an mot" jesus

m8te im not going to kill myself il have it all dun and use it where i feel sfe

The bigger concern is you killing someone with your uninsured car. You don't exactly sound like the most responsible person. I think you need to grow up a bit before you try anything like this.