ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How Much to Put a Clip On a CV Boot?

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
Hello all,

How much do you think the local garage will charge me to fit and supply the metal clip that goes around the cv boot as at the moment it's held on by a cable tie. It's not losing much grease, so I don't think he'll fill it with any new grease but it needs doing before teh cable tie falls off completely.

I can't imagine it to be too much, but you never know.

Place your bets now...!

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
I'll end up splurting grease all over the place. It's a messy job and would rather the garage did it.

How much is the clip from Renault?

Gotta clean my alloy wheels as the drivers side went earlier in the year and the grease is a nightmare. It's like I've got black insides to my alloys!

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
Yeah it's a common fault, if they go then get a universal cv boot with a rubber seal rather than plastic that Renault use as the plastic seal is useless.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
afaik you cant buy the clip from renault seperate, only in a cv boot kit but when my car was in to get serviced they just put a jubilee clip on it as he said the standard ones are crap.

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
rentec were selling these uni kits the other day, i bought one from them about £11 comes with grease boot and all clips.

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
Fitted a 100mm jubilee clip on my CV boot but when wheel / shaft rotate the tightening clip is rubbing on the strut!