ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

***How much is it worth?***

330ci, 850R, eunos
Re: ***How much is my car worth?***

2005 182, BG, 89k, fsh, T&T - standard apart from exhaust - £2750?

Astra gsi turbo

i have my 54 rb 182 up for sale, both cup packs, fsh, belts done, 78k, really clean smooth car for £2500 but im only getting offered s**t swaps

172 cup, fsh, near immaculate condition, 90k mileage, very recent gearbox refurb, recaro's, brembo 4 pots, h&r coilovers, belts done 20k ago. How much would I get roughly?! Tempted to sell and buy a 182 ff

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

172 cup, fsh, near immaculate condition, 90k mileage, very recent gearbox refurb, recaro's, brembo 4 pots, h&r coilovers, belts done 20k ago. How much would I get roughly?! Tempted to sell and buy a 182 ff

£3k tops i'd have thought. Why would you want to get rid for a 182?! Seems massively pointless.

I'm doing a lot more motorway miles(and miles in general) now so cruise control, climate control and xenons would be nice for the journey! I won't be able to track the car for a few years so I don't need the harsher ride of the coilies etc! What kind of 182 could I get for 3k?

Clio 197, Defender

Feeling a bit better about everyone saying the market sucks atm, bin trying to shift my 197 for a couple of months and i had it at just under 7 which i thought was fair it being tidy and under 30k (07 car)... maybe not fair enough haha

LY Megane R26 230

2000 ph1 flame red,96k with some history.recent clutch,belt and a few other bits.has a full mot but no tax.

What you think chaps, 1-1.3k tops?

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant

2004, 1.6 dynamique, 62k, belts done, t + t. Unfortunately found out registered cat C. Not worth much im guessing but, around 800-1000?

FF Clio 182

2004 182 Arctic Blue, both cup packs, cruise, climate and 6 cd changer. fsh 74k, belts done at 69000, not a mark on it.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-

£3000-3200 ish private

£2500 PX

2k trade

S

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

2002 Mk2 Flamer, 78k with Bilstein B14 Coilovers, Eibach 15mm spacers all round, K-tec exhaust and JMS Remap. Interested in what i'd get for it. Full service history and flew through last MOT with no advisories whatsoever. Pulls strong, going on the rollers in January at the Southwest day at K-tec.

Hi guys, what do you think I should be asking for my Clio - 2002 52 172 Red 69k FSH 4moths MOT, 5 months Tax only 2000miles since last MOT! Cheers.

Edit: Standard except for stainless back box.

Hi all,

Thoughts on the following :

Completely standard 53 Plate (Registered 19/11/03) Iceberg 172 Cup
Part service history, most recent service done 400 miles ago by Birchwood
New Cambelt, aux belt and dephaser (Birchwood)
New front tyres
New front brakes and pads

Exterior in mint condition, steering wheel in good condition with minimal wear, one thumb grip split but rest of interior mint.

9e7f9876.jpg

cheers !

Skoda fabia Vrs
How much is my car worth please

Hello

Right basically I need my car to be sold soon as we're due a little boy on Xmas eve and I'm struggling to think of the best solution to my problem. Don't really want everyone knowing my business but here goes I need some good ideas

I have a 59 plate twingo 133 and I owe £8900 in a personal loan for the car. I'm trying to sell the car for £8000 but will accept offers lower than £8000.

I'm going to see a renaultsport trader tomorrow in Glasgow and he gave me something to think about on the phone. I was going to just "trade" the car in and take nothing in part ex but he would give me £6000 for the car then BUT if I take a Clio 182 off him in artic blue on a 04 reg that's done 59k miles he would give me £6700 and he is asking £3500 for the Clio that's had the belts and depahser pulley done (good price?)

So basically. 8900 I owe. 6700 for my car take away 3500 means I then have a 182 and I then send the £3200 cheque to the loan company and pay my normal monthly payments to the loan company (£267 a month) and have the Clio payed off in just under 2 years.

Is that a good idea or bad idea? Or do i stick it out and wait until the car sells (minimum £7500) private and buy a car off the money I get (£2500) and then send £5000 to the loan company) maybe seems like a have answered my own question but it's the risk i take in the car selling. I am only leaving it this late btw to sell the car I as have only just found out its a personal loan as I thought it was HP and I didn't have the rest of the money to pay the car off when it sold.

Cheers.

Last edited:
  Skoda fabia Vrs
Re: How much is my car worth please

Me too. It's easier in my head than too right it down :(

I've edited the original post a bit to give more details. Lol

This my car

22052010037.jpg

Last edited:

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-

I would personally sell the twingo private then if your desperate for a rs clio buy a 172 ph2 or cup for say 2.5, no point in having an arctic blue 182 for 3.5k- or even a ph1= 1.5k

sell car for 7k private buy clio for 2.5 ( even 2k of your lucky) net 4.5k in bank-

Also have you checked you can make over payments on the loan- if not if you can get a full settlement figure & the net difference between the money in your hand & settlement borrow off family or another loan under a very short term to get debt clear-
if your balance is 8900- maybe your settlement will be 8.5k

so you would need 4k- if you couldnt get the money from family then a 12 month loan on that would be around 350 or 250 over 18 months-

S

clio 182 cup

good phase 1s are worth about 2k. mint late phase 2s with everything on and low miles are worth between 3 and 4 k, with the exceptionaly low miles mint balled ones (in the right colour ) maybe touching 5k. trophys are worth about 5k for a average one, with exceptional ones going for what ever the buyers willing to give. but they must all be standard, with fsh. modded ones arnt worth a bean as no bugger in there right mind would buy anything but the cleanest, original example. like someone said here, the arse has fallen out of the market somewhat, and only the best will do . my 182, in gordini blue , with 74k up it, both cup packs, fsh, all belts just done, 4 new michelin pilots, fresh mot, 6 months tax and just serviced, with new brakes all round.. is probibly worth 3k. on a good day. sad really.
:(

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172

They have dropped in value but still a lot of variation in price and quality !

Same with any car you will always get people saying its not worth that when you come to sell I can buy one for blah blah blah .
These are usually the people who see a mint car up for lets say 4000 full history needs nothing doing , Would rather pay 2700 for a car with several owners a bit shabby sketchy service history, Think they have a bargain! and by the time they finish doin bits to get it running and looking right probly owes them the same money as the good one.
If it does cost less you will never change the fact it has had a hard life with many owners and no history no matter how much you spend !
Minter for more cash EVERY TIME .
A Good genuine car will always be worth paying more BUT people just look at prices s**t ones sell for and assume thats all that ALL of them are worth .

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-

What could I expect to get for my 182?

If someone in the trade could give me an idea of what I can expect to be offered part ex that would be good too as I quite fancy another S3.

probably 25/2750

S

It's not a Clio but what sort of price would I be looking at on my Astra?

2004 Vauxhall Astra 1.8 16v Bertone Coupe
Rare Chianti Red.
Optional 17" SE2 wheels and Irmscher spoiler.
64k miles with full service history.
New clutch and exhaust last month.
In general, very good condition.

P1070238.jpg

LY R27, Fiesta ZS TD

Looking for a rough price on this if anyone could - I want to sell private and i'm in no rush so would be looking to get the maximum I could.

57 plate Clio 197 R27, liquid yellow - all the extras with an R27 plus the front splitter, sideskirts, cup spoiler. FSH, on 34k miles with an oil service due in 8k and MOT until next August. Just had brand new renault discs + pads last month. Two or three chips on the front of the bonnet and very minor kerbing to the front N/S wheel.

rFSk5.jpg

Hello, thinking of selling my car when it comes to early next year as i'm not using it much. However i am stuck at what to do with it and before anyone says it, the little money i have spent on it to make it what it is was not wasted as i've enjoyed every minute of having it!

IMG_2084.jpg

2004, Dynamique. 39,000. Full service history from every year. The person who i bought it off said the belts had be done and uploaded a picture to the listing that showed this where i saw it however when i went to collect i forgot to get it off him. For some this may mean they would want to get the belts done, for others maybe not.

IMG_4453.png

It currently has 6months MOT and no problems, Its a 172 rep. It has 172 alloys (need refurb and tyers sorting) and the full body kit on. The seats have also been changed to the FF leather ones. I don't really know what else there is to say about it. It is currently on 54,000 and i have owned in since June 2010. Anyone have any idea how much it is worth as it is or maybe if i put it back to standard (would rather not!)

Thanks

172, write off due to gearbox?

Sorry hate doing the 'what my car worth' posts but need some advice...

The 172 has been our second car for a while now since the missus left work (maternity leave) it’s not used much anymore. Anyhow we took it for long drive a few weeks ago to give it a bit of a run, big mistake! While on the motorway I drove over part of a broken wooden pallet (I think that’s what it was, wasnt much time to tell) in the middle of the M42. Although it clattered the underside we didn’t think it could have done any damage and kept going. Another mistake, 50 mile down the motorway the car began jumping out of gear. By the time we got to a services it had started making a tinny rattle noise. To cut a long story short we eventually got it to toed to a garage who said the driveshaft/CV had dropped all the gearbox oil which in turn has f@@ked the gearbox. Both driveshafts were changed about a month prior to this but the car had covered at least 600 miles since then. Anyhow the garages estimated repair costs was £1200-£1500 and suggested we went via our insurance. The insurance have unofficially confirmed its a write-off as they'd only repair if the cost is less than 65% of the car value. The insurance have also hinted that they may not accept the claim as they can’t see any impact damage. They’re suggesting they may deem it as a mechanical fault! Where do I stand on this, can I fight them and/or is there much point?

Although we were thinking of selling the Clio I’d be gutted if they write it off as it was well looked after, and gearbox a-side, it was in good condition. However, it now looks like a write-off is our best option. If they refuse the claim it’s probably not worth me repairing due to the costs involved. The insurance company have said they'd make their decision in the next couple of days. If they do not accept it as a claim then i have the decision of selling it as is (ie: spares/repairs) or having it fixed. If we get it fixed I’d probably need to sell it anyway as we were struggling to keep two cars running and would need to recoupe some money!

Last edited:

What's it worth in its current state?
It's a 52reg 172ff with 100k on clock, completely standard and has never been modified.
Other than the gearbox and cv its in good condition.

It's barely worth £1500 if it was mint and working.

Breaking it for parts if your best option.

local salvage yards offered £550 if i can get it to them! lets hope the insurance pay out :(
wish i had the time to break it but no chance of that and no where to keep it.

RS6 C7

local salvage yards offered £550 if i can get it to them! lets hope the insurance pay out :(
wish i had the time to break it but no chance of that and no where to keep it.

I may be able to beat that and collect :).

I may be able to beat that and collect :).

should findout in the next day or two if my insurance will cover it or not. if they do not pay out then i'm open to offers as i havent got the skills, time or money to fix it myself.

just to confirm, its a 52reg black 172ff, 101k, 2 previous keepers but i've owned it since 2003. mot'd until feb/march 2012 and taxed until June 212 (i'll probably be removing this and getting a refund). gearbox a side its in good condition (only a few stone chips on bonnet) and has been well looked after/maintained. as mentioned, if insurance refuse it as a claim i'm open to offers and will want to get shot of it quickly as i have no where to keep it.

the car will need to be picked up from south yorkshire (sheffield/rotherham). it was driveable 2 weeks ago although changing gear was becoming harder, however, the garage has had it 2 weeks now and greenflag also uplifted it so i would like to guarentee its still driveable!

Audi A3

When is the best time to sell a car generally?

Obviously not over christmas but is there a peak in the market at any particular time?

I'm thinking of selling my car (formerly known as Big Oor) maybe not the best time over xmas but i need the money and would like to buy a cheap run around to save money till i head back to Aussie land :) Does anyone know whether or not it would be best breaking the entire thing down to a shell and selling separate or just shifting it as a track spec clio on Pistonheads/AutoTrader? Some specs below.

RenaultSport Clio 172 02 plate in Monaco Blue
55,000 Miles
Cambelt/Aux Belt changed around 8k ago @ Birchdown
Will have MOT till Dec 2012 and Tax till June 2012
It's also a Cat D which i know will sway the price even though it's now solid and it's been checked over by 3 mechanics :/
Fully reconditioned gearbox done around 5k miles so still really tight

Mods:

OMP grand comfort reclining bucket seats (slight tare but in mint apart from that)
Billstein B14 Coilovers
3" slash cut prospeed straight through exhaust
3 point harness
330mm OMP steering wheel
Uprated engine mounts

...I can't really think of what else to put really, any valuations would be great and also whether or not splitting it all down or selling it would be best (Or keeping it as an Heirloom in the family....) lol

Cheers, Adam