ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

***How much is it worth?***

cliocollins

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB's RB & F56 jCW
Depends on the specs really, is it running 3 ways or apex springs [emoji39]
Tbh it's a lengthy list. But in short yes 3 ways. PMS shifter, Stud Nut Kit, K Tec Exhaust, Fully Welded in half Cage, the usual track car aesthetics..

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yes one very nice couple came but they said it was too good and they’d not want to park it anywhere.
The guy bought a cheaper one and immediately had to spend £1,000 at Birchdown

But it’s only a Clio 182, it’s not a Ferrari. I have parked it all over the place and nobody’s ever touched it.

Strange. People.

@cliocollins I think around 4500 depends on how well it drives and if its been setup well

I see the interior has been sprayed as well? The thing is if someone wanted to do the work form scratch it would set them back more than 4500 but track cars can be personal and some prefer to have a clean base. Looks very nice though I had a look at your project thread the other day but I think theres 2 threads or in different sections.

Last edited:

cliocollins

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB's RB & F56 jCW
Yeah I agree, I thought it may be worth around the £5k region but I guess it depends what someone is willing to pay for it.

I'm debating on ploughing more money and owning it for the forseable future or let someone else enjoy it.

Yeah Beaniesport did a lot of the work including the paintwork inside. Throttle bodies was going to be next.. Now I'm not sure.

My error on the joint threads.. I forgot I started the project thread. The thread in the media section is most update. I'll update it again over the weekend hopefully.

Thanks for advise too!,

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
The expensive jobs have all been done on mine.
But you can’t win with cars, either spend the money up front and buy a new one (like our new Up GTi) and likely spend nothing on it for a few years, or spend less and buy an older car (like my 182) and keep on top of it.
Or get both.
The 182 at £2200 looks nice and is probably as good as you’d get for the money, but l would quickly spend £1,000 on it if it were mine, which brings it close to what l’m asking for my show condition 182.
I looked at eight before l bought mine and l paid £2700 perhaps a bit too much but it was so much better than the others that l thought it was the right money at the time.

I'm not sure what you'd be able to spend £1000 on to be honest. It's already had loads of work done. The gearbox is solid, the clutch is new, belts are done. Brakes are recent and upgraded. ball joints new, etc. The only thing i'd probably look to change would be the steering wheel for a 330mm aftermarket, get some recaro's on lower mounts, and stick some 15 inch wheels with AD08R's on it, but that's my personal preference and what i do with all my clio's

I've not seen your ad to be fair, but remember looking at your thread awhile ago, no doubt your car is in better overall condition, but i don't think it's fair to say yours is mechanically better because the box has been refurbed recently (going on my memory that you needed the box replacing a few months back). However, i'm not saying yours isn't worth the asking price. If i was looking for a 182 as a long term keeper, i'd be more interested in your's because of the colour and better overall condition. I paid around £2.5k for my RB cup with little history, but the following week after buying it, it went to diamond motors for almost £1000 worth of servicing work, getting the belts and oils changed, etc and replacing a couple of bits that would have been issues later down the line. I've since added a few mods and i've got a clio that is basically the spec i want. But it probably owes me over £4k easy and i'm likely to add a PMS shifter this year and maybe some B14 coilovers.

I think regardless of what Clio someone buys, you'd need to factor in having at least £500 sat in the bank for fixing unforeseen issues later down the line. They are typically very reliable, especially for a french car, but any car that is 14 years old is going to have wear and tear items that could fail at any moment. Luckily Clio's are very cheap to fix and the big items like engines and gearboxes can be replaced with second hand parts quite cheaply if needed. I think i paid £150 for a second hand box for my first 182 about 5 years ago, and that was perfect, last i heard that car was running a low boost turbo and still going strong.

Well saw the car, it looks nice enough and in my preferred colour of RB. Made an offer at asking price and the buyer just wants 24hrs to decide as he has someone to come out to look at it tomorrow too and feels they may pay a tad more. Not the way I would normally do a sale but hey ho...not sure he was that motivated to sell...but he has said that should that person not better my offer then I should be the next owner!

I did make an offer on landys nice example, but we can’t get to an agreed number which is a shame - so hopefully this one comes through tomorrow. I really like Daryls car too and had that been in RB I would have taken his hand off!!!

Sounds like a dick head

I was a tad frustrated that he set an asking price, I then go and see the car and he wants to hold out for more than asking - my wife was saying as a matter of principal I should withdraw my offer...but I don’t want to mess around for ages in finding a car!

535d / t5 caravelle
a good chance of it back firing with any luck.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
What an utter c**k end. He should be selling via an auction if his aim is to hold out for the highest price and for buyers to compete.

I think there are many Clio's out there, and a better/equally good example is only round the corner - I would have 100% told him to jog on and pay my fuel there and then.

I'm not going throw the seller under the internet bus as that would not be fair - so no advert sharing or hints!

To be honest with all this messing around I will leave the Clio buying if it falls through tomorrow and perhaps come back to this in Autumn. Don’t have enough time to mess around or the inclination to pay silly money by being put over a barrel. I’ve got other cars to keep me occupied for now, so the Clio was just one I wanted to add to the stable. Unfortunately I’m a man of little patience - I honestly didn’t think it would be this much hassle buying one - thought I’d get one that I liked in RB and have a few hoons in...but this is turning into a Lord of the Rings epic LOL !!!

Thanks for all your help gents - you have a great community here.

535d / t5 caravelle
your right, it shouldn't be this much hassle, see car you like advertised, go buy car, end.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

One owner, FSH, 51k and from a garage - see in my opinion something like that feels like it is 100% worth around the £3.5k mark they are asking. Some of the prices being asked for elsewhere are detached from reality and I guess are trying to ride the trophy curve.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
One owner, FSH, 51k and from a garage - see in my opinion something like that feels like it is 100%worth around the £3.5k mark they are asking. Some of the prices being asked for elsewhere are detached from reality and I guess are trying to ride the trophy curve.
That's only a couple of hundred off. Easily done from a garage IMO (he says before even seeing the car lol!)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Land Rover
You offered the asking price and he refused because he might get more from somebody who hasn’t even viewed the car yet.
I would echo the comments above on that one!
But if the car is a good one it’s up to you, if he’s looked after it then who cares what he’s like if you can get it for a price you are happy with.
I can’t let mine go for your offer of £3k sorry, it’s just not enough.
It’s a shame you don’t live close enough to come and view it, l always prefer people to see a car before we talk money.
But you still wouldn’t get it for £3k!!

Land Rover
One owner, FSH, 51k and from a garage - see in my opinion something like that feels like it is 100% worth around the £3.5k mark they are asking. Some of the prices being asked for elsewhere are detached from reality and I guess are trying to ride the trophy curve.

It’s actually £3800 but looks really nice, and being from a dealer you’ll get a warranty.
It says cam belt changed but I would find out when.
Needs the headlights refurbishing but you could negotiate for them to clean them up.
No nasties on the MOT history.
If the car is as good as described then definitely worth a viewing.

Last edited:

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member

Looks good an honest. I would be asking who did the belts, if the water pump etc was done at the same time.

What brand tyres it has.

The gear lever gator base is broken and its clearly got none of the cup packs. I would hedge that 3k is a bit closer to the mark but I don't think you could grumple about apparent condition and miles.

There is also one at woodchurch cars - 1 owner, blue, fsh etc. for £3.5k asking - its a shame they are a 4 hour roundtrip away! Honestly if you want a car to keep forever and see the value appreciate then 1 owner cars are the way to go - all the mechanical bits you can do as a project over many years if you’re that way inclined!

Looks good an honest. I would be asking who did the belts, if the water pump etc was done at the same time.

What brand tyres it has.

The gear lever gator base is broken and its clearly got none of the cup packs. I would hedge that 3k is a bit closer to the mark but I don't think you could grumple about apparent condition and miles.

For me there is a definite premium if a car is 1 owner...it just is the provenance of it.

Land Rover
One owner, 50,000 miles.

I would go and view that black one in the morning if l was you.
They will probably have fitted cheap tyres but you could always try them first, you might find they are fine....but if needed buy some new ones and sell the cheap tyres on Ebay.
People always like one owner cars, but the one owner 22,000 mile 182 l viewed had not been looked after.

You need to view it in person. Ask to see the V5 “to check chassis numbers” and note the name of the previous keeper.

Call them up and ask about the car!

Last edited:

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Number of owners (as long as its not silly) has never ever put me off buying a car.

Condition and miles has a far greater impact.

I've got to be honest with you and say that it is never ever easy buying a car when you already know exactly what you want. It could take you some time to find the perfect (head image matching) car at the price you want.

A mate has recently spent 7 months viewing cars (some pretty good but not perfect) before he found the one he wanted. Was well worth the wait for what he was spending etc.

If you budget, condition expectation, spec is flexible then good cars are easy to come by. You have an M5? I know people who have viewed over 10 M5's before they found the 'right one' and feel that it is some what par for the course - ie don't be disheartened.

PH2 172

Maybe, but then it could be a money pit.

The details are very sparse on actual facts, not an invoice in sight, and they cannot even get the colour correct.

I`d start by asking why the EML is on, and if all the tyres are the same fitment.