ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much have you spent on your clio?

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
I got the car last december, Not had it a year yet. Including the car ive spent circa £8500,

Add silly bits and peices and its probably about 9 grand.

I did take maybe £1000 worth of bits off my old car though.

This is not including petrol and only 1 years insurance.

And a few tarty bits to come over winter so add atleast another 500 to that.

/FcukMyLife

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Was going through all the clio paper work and it got me wondering so I split it up into two piles (Parts & Work) and then added the whole lot up. Needless to say I have not told the other half about it or the amount

On the Invoices I have for work carried out I have a grand total of £3224.63

On parts I have bought I have spent £3739.21. This does not include any parts bought via cliosport, clio trophy or eBay.

This does not include the buying of the car, tax, insurance or petrol

LY FF182
Straight swap to get my 182, my Clubsport was up for 4.5k and so was the Clio. Then spent almost 5k on work/parts over the first year. Still loads I wanna spend too :(

172/vx220t/m135i
Spent on my 172 since owned March 2010......

- 2 x kuhmo tyres £126
- handbrake cable £69
- h/c front brake disks £45
- renault rear disks + pads all round £148
- service parts 2011 - £68
- windscreen £70
- tracking - £22
- rear shocks £60
- springs all round £25
- brake cable £28
- full service + cambelt/aux belt & dephaser - £598

Total spent £1258

Not bad compared to some! But probably more than on my vx.

Update......

- back box exhaust £97
- service kit £36.49
- oil £20
- 3m headlight kit £19.99

Decent year since previous post tbf

total spend £1430

Cup In bits
Wrong side of 30 I would think now :cry:

It's really not worth adding up, I stopped doing it.... I did it after 8 months on my race car and shat a brick and I now have two and twice the time has passed.

Cup In bits
Between the two sadly I would say quite easily John, even more with my trailer and what not. That's with buying some 2nd hand parts, shopping for good deals and no labour to do anything so I hate to think what some have spent on their cars.

For the race car I do have 2 of most things suspension and consumables wise, 3 sets of 2118's, other wheels, couple of sets of slicks, 20 or so a048r's etc etc, my cars gained quite a spec in the finer details ;)

Racing or building a car and getting yourself ready to go racing AIN'T cheap.

Keeps me out of trouble though so it's worth it IMO.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Ouch! And heres me and Dave trying to build our track car for under a grand! Total, not each. Granted the difference between track and race is huge but I guess I didn't appreciate quite how huge!

Cup In bits
You boys could just about manage that with the amount of cars/parts you have knocking around.

It doesn't need to be quite that expensive to go racing in a similar specced Clio ie power and some main components but it won't be finished the same way in the finer details and that's where all the money adds up tbh. Circa 1k of aeroquip stuff on my car for example. Bits like consumables, clips, fixings, new original bolts/nuts and so on add up fast too.

Ouch! And heres me and Dave trying to build our track car for under a grand! Total, not each. Granted the difference between track and race is huge but I guess I didn't appreciate quite how huge!

I know it's not the reason you do it, but to me there's no point in that, is rather make a good spec car over time, than try build something budget, I don't want to add up my bill, I know I'll be nearing 10k in the year and a half I've had my ph1, but I like to get the best I can, and I like to think I justify that by using them!

I like to think I'll be able to race the ph1 at some point, SLS sounds good but I'd like bumper to bumper racing, not sure what the protocol is for sports and saloons and knockhill, that's what your going to be racing in eh morgan?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
We're looking at SLS too. When I say a grand I mean it'll cost us that. It would cost others more. It's gonna start as a a basic spec and then get improved in certain areas gradually. Apart from anything else we physically don't have the money to do it any other way. Mortgage/mortgage and child y0

Cup In bits
Yeah S&S's is where I'll start off, anything at KH to begin with. It's built for SMRC S&S, NRSCC S&S, French trophy, Tin tops, Track day Trophy and probably a couple 750mc series to name a few so I can do what I please really.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
tax £180
new plates £20
replace exhaust fixings £80
new seat & fitting £60
head unit £90

eurgh, the list goes on

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
Exhaust - £190
Clutch £113
Alternator - £100
auxbelt kit - £100
Decat - £90
Tyres - £263
Service - £60
3M headlight restoration kit £20
2 new fog lamps - £35
Tax - £143
Seat debobbler - £5
Cup Spoiler - £100
New Mats - £60
New discs -£60
New Pads - £30
Braided Hoses - £70

a lot since june :p i may spend a tad too much

Last edited:
  Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Second hand nearly new top mount, top gearbox mount, secondhand non rusty oand not cracked coil pack, selector asshole to fit Bush, selector conrod, fixed gear stick gaitor, gearbox oil for top up. Just under 100 quid all in.

Have just bought forum membership and will be buying some mats. So another 30 quid.

Hardly costly motoring.

P.S. The car has had going on for 2 grand spent on it by the previous owner in the last 18 months so I am cheating. Local Renault dealer to my Dad that we have used before and kept our previous 182 running sweet as. Reasonable prices for a dealer too so the vast spend covered quite a lot!

Last edited:
  FF Clio 182
First 182 was about £4.5k. My current one is about £2k. That's including the cost of the car, picked up my second 182 for £1500 lol

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Car cost £1,850 over 2 years ago, have spent way more than that on modifications... worth every penny :D

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
£145 on car tax today,
it wouldn't hurt as much if I actually knew what they spent the money on,
because it sure as sh*t isn't the roads.

Black 182 FF
I paid £5900 for mine five and a half years ago. Recently totalled up the receipts I have (not including tax, insurance and MOT costs) and it was £2700 with a few receipts not there. That's with me doing all the servicing apart from the cam and aux belt and alternator and aux belt.

In the month or so since I've spent another £160 on bits, so I'm guessing I'll now have spent about £3000 on the car since I bought it, the only modifications in that are a panel filter, eibach springs and Scorpion 192 exhaust the latter which was needed anyway.

Add in insurance at approx £450 a year, MOT and tax and a quick guess adds another £3900 to what the car has cost me in that time and it's only done 30k.

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
I've spent more on the car than I paid for it. I began recording what I was spending but when it started to add up I destroyed the evidence!

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Over a grand since September on the DCI. £2000 couldn't have bought me the car I have now so if I did it again I wouldn't do it differently.

Clio=expensive if you can't do your own work