ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much for cambelt?

ph1 172
How much should i expect to pay to have my cambelt replaced? Im not getting it done by renault.

ph1 172
oh right thanks.
i have developed a whining noise coming from the engine which is most likely the cambelt isnt it? its getting replaced any ways. i hope its just that, and nothing more!

Lionel Richie
more likely the aux belt idler pulley, but change the lot to be safe as second hand engines are rare and expensive these days!!

ph1 172
they r changing the lot to be sure and safe yer. makes sense as it will all be stripped down any ways. bloody clio has cost a fortune in repairing!

cheers for help any ways

Lionel Richie
needed for locking the camshafts, crankshafts and pullies, if the job is done without them, the timing WILL be out and you'll have wasted your money!

you need this little lot
DSC_0251.jpg

about £200's worth

ph1 172
bloody hell. so ill have to suffer the cost of that aswel, or does that come with the cambelt and aux kits u were saying about earlier?

C

Cupster

Nope, if the garage you have your eye on do not have these tools, walk away tbh!

....and make sure you get the full kit too, not just the belt. Mines only on 33k and the pulleys were aleady whining before they were changed.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
ambelt & Auxiliary Belt (Aircon)
Gates Cambelt Kit (all tensioners and idlers) Renault Aux belt.
Offer price £355.31 February Price £401.32

Cambelt & Auxiliary Belt (Non Aircon)
Offer price £277.69 February Price £322.48

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
^^

ph1 172
i didnt realise that was the fitted cost iimushroomzii.

fred, what do u mean by "changing the lot" what else other then the aux and cam belts would want changing and roughly how much extra?

sorry for all the questions but i dropped it off at the garage tonight for them to start looking at it tomorrow, and if they dont have that kit u were talking about, then theres not a great deal of point in them doing it is there cus ill hav to pay out an extra £200 for that kit

Lionel Richie
aux belt is just that, a belt! or aux belt KIT including belt, idler and tensioner, i always change the lot for the KIT as these parts can fail

cambelt is ALWAYS a complete kit with 2 idlers and a tensioner

ph1 172
fair enough. the gdi kit, is the full kit then. (Gates Cambelt Kit (all tensioners and idlers) Renault Aux belt)

Lionel Richie
no they do a full cambelt kit, and just an aux belt on its own, they only replace the aux tensioner and idler if needed, i replace them regardless

ph1 172
but the thing he quoted was for the whole thing wasnt it?

out of interest how much do u charge?

b/g 182, meg tourer
my 182 had a full cambelt kit and aux belt kit last week. cost me £523 but its money well spent imo.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
that price is for......

Cambelt kit FITTED and a new aux belt at the same time

2 versions, for the aircon and non air con versions

if you want the aux belt KIT that is extra (optional)

Fred - How much would you charge to do the below (Aircon)?

Cambelt & Auxiliary Belt (Non Aircon)
Offer price £277.69 February Price £322.48

Bit of a sly one from GDi. I wonder how many people will think they're getting the Aux pulley and idler changed as well when its just the belt thats changed. Apparently its not the actual belt that is the weakness but the other two parts, so if changing the aux belt on its own is as good as not changing it.

C

Cupster

Nope, if the garage you have your eye on do not have these tools, walk away tbh!

....and make sure you get the full kit too, not just the belt. Mines only on 33k and the pulleys were aleady whining before they were changed.

Bump, from earlier :approve:

Italian 3.2 V6
i bought in the parts direct from renault for 220 and got them fitted for 100

total 320 :D

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
i cant see how its a sly one..

it says aux belt and cam belt kit....

in our traders post it says at the end you have the option to have the aux tensioner done as well.

its the belts that are a problem, they crack when they get older and thats when they need replacing..

we keep tensioners in stock if they need it, or they are asked for specifically by the customer.

only ever needed to change 2 tensioners in all the time we have been doing these. Not a single one has ever been a problem

ph1 172
In the end the garage said the cambelt was in good condition.
I had a new complete drive belt tensioner, guide and ancillary belt kit fitted for £275.
The noise has dissapeared, and drives as normal again.

clio 182 FF
WOW you guys are paying qite alot for the cambelt kit. I got mines from euro car parts costing just over 110 quid thats with the caps that go on the camshafts as well btw the price on their web site is wrong .
I just had my cambelt and full service done by Kenny Brown in Glasgow all in all it cost me about 400 quid ish .

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecommerce/Search_Results.asp