ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much for a front end respray? (Petrol blue)

robbie514566

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, BMW 120i
How much would you expect to pay for a front end respray?

I've got paint peel on my drivers wing and also want the front end cleaned up as it's covered in chips and scratches

I've been quoted £600 by a painter I've have used before for wheels and previous cars but never had this much work done.
is that a good price ?

Also is the wing going to need to be stripped completely so any future paint won't peel off from underneath?

Here's some pics

b6f6af5c59cdabcc44e57682b933e717.jpg

1da03712b29874db9fe7141ca19e40e4.jpg

368d222dfee520c93960a6b1a8bae531.jpg

b5a8e652f95c518a07f977e8bcc80581.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
@mossyv6 has had paint done so could offer some insight into price maybe.
Is it a decent body shop who know that petrol blue is a multilayer paint and will be able to match it properly?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I'm looking at a car which needs paint. Bumper and bonnet, £200. Chap we use in work.

Of no benefit to the thread but thought I'd mention it :)

robbie514566

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, BMW 120i
@mossyv6 has had paint done so could offer some insight into price maybe.
Is it a decent body shop who know that petrol blue is a multilayer paint and will be able to match it properly?

I should hope so I have explained that it is a 'special colour and he did pick up on it when I first showed it to him
Will be making sure that he knows.

Sounds a fair price to me.

Yeah that's decent price. I presume that's all in? As in materials, vat, etc?

Or cash deal?

Yeh that's for everything and also a top coat in the filler cap as I'm going to be cleaning out the rust and prep it all before I get this done
That's what I was hoping to hear as was debating going some where else to get a quote to see if it's a similar price.

I'm looking at a car which needs paint. Bumper and bonnet, £200. Chap we use in work.

Of no benefit to the thread but thought I'd mention it :)

What colour is it ? My brother had his rear and front bumper done then blown in down the sides and that was £500 by this painter
But that was just bmw silver so not sure if that's 'easier' to do then painting petrol blue?

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Going rate is £150 per panel so that is bang on the money.

As previously said petrol blue is a very difficult paint to match due to the colour changing pearl in it. I hope he is blending into the doors.

robbie514566

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, BMW 120i
Going rate is £150 per panel so that is bang on the money.

As previously said petrol blue is a very difficult paint to match due to the colour changing pearl in it. I hope he is blending into the doors.

Ah good! Will book it in then.
And Yeh it's going to be blown in down the sides.

Cheers for the help [emoji1303]