ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much could i expect to pay for an RSi conversion

Hi guys was maybe thinkin of chucking an RSI lump into my RT Just wondering what i could expect to pay for everything under the bonnet and the fitting?

Jus a thought as i gather they drop straight in?

Cheers

You'd need the gearbox looms etc . I'd only ever get a 1.8 16V or a WIlliams engine. Infact I'd say only ever get a Williams.

Haha theres goes that idea then!!...

Just thought it maybe cheaper as i wouldn't have to get the valver bonnet and all that malaki....

Failing that what about the R5 conversion worth it or will it ruin my life?

JJsRT said:
Haha theres goes that idea then!!...

Just thought it maybe cheaper as i wouldn't have to get the valver bonnet and all that malaki....

Failing that what about the R5 conversion worth it or will it ruin my life?
You don't need the valver bonnet to amke the 1.8 or 2.0 fit but it is recomended.
I wouldn't bother with an R% its a good engine but it could be quite expensive if you go it all right and have it rebuilt then start tunning it.

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
The RSI engine is a very good engine. It is a compromise between power and affordability.

It will cost much less on insurance, petrol, parts and is more reliable.

It isnt as quick (second slower to 60, 2.5 to a ton) doesnt sound as good, but is much harder to work on and costs alot more.

Is it worth it, you decide. insurance being the main factor, at 19, £200 cheaper at least.

If you have the money, then go for the Willy, simple as.

had a beer, so the above probably doesnt ,ake sence...

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
it's toss...f7p is'nt much better 7r is a much better base for tuning if you can afford it.