ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much back pressure?

172 5HED
Looking for zorsts for the trackshed (ph1 172)

Seen an OMP one thats cheap but its just pipework untill the back box.

Does the 172 need much back pressure or would this exhaust be OK?

Mental 172 Cup
my 182 has no cat, no middle section just a 3" pipe to the silencer smooths out the 5k kick and its not to loud on the inside but outside is a different story! think it will still pass most sound regs though!

172 5HED
ours only has a middle silencer and a very tiny cat where the back box shold be. 95db

What make is it mate?

This is a group N one, doesnt state the noise in dbs it makes tho?!

Dont want to buy it and it be too loud :(

172 5HED
Hmm, I dunno what to do now. Suppose I could always get some glass wool in it if its too loud?

ITB'd MK1
172s love bigger exhausts, unusually for an NA engine. droopy donkey dick tailpipe will help keep the noise down. If you want to be flash....get a re-packable backbox

172 5HED
My sytems a 2.5" all the way through (decat also) with a small backbox and mine makes decent power all day long, though its definately over 98db!

Sounds like this one :( Though it does say its group N/A???? And the Group N limit is 98 db

172s love bigger exhausts, unusually for an NA engine. droopy donkey dick tailpipe will help keep the noise down. If you want to be flash....get a re-packable backbox

I cant afford flash lol, needs to be cheap and effective, looks dont matter ;)

ITB'd MK1
well the cat makes a big difference to noise, and the ph1 twin cat is actually not very restrictive at all, so i'd keep that and whack on a 2.5 inch cat back

'92 172, Lotus Elise
mines straight through, decat and no centre sections to a mk1 magnex backbox

passes all noise tests ive had :)

Zetec s
well the cat makes a big difference to noise, and the ph1 twin cat is actually not very restrictive at all, so i'd keep that and whack on a 2.5 inch cat back

So the twin cats are alright then, If we just stick a cat back on it would it be not that disimilar to one with a decat? Just less noisy.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Has any one ever tried altering the rear part of a ph1 cat like they do on a 182 cat? The rear part of the twin cat looks tiny and really restrictive.

53 Clio's & counting
Rofl ^^

My blueflame cat back came in at 91 db, perfect for me, passes track regs and with what im doing there is going to be enough noise from the front :D