ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How low With damper and springs

Clio II and Grand Modus

How low can you lower a Clio 1.6 -99 without any arch work?? Planning havin a H&R or Koni adjusteble suspension so it can be just the way I want it!!!:D

But not too keen on arch work!! What about camber???

Depending on wheel offset you can pretty much go as low as you want!

Im safe at -80mm with ET38.5, Fred is -110mm on ET37.

Camber will go negative anyway as you lower, either set it back to OE or go 1 negative.

-Rob

Clio II and Grand Modus

Ohhh is that -80 all round??? My 17´s are ET 38.

Fred has done arch work i´m sure........think he postet a picture of him grinding a back arch some time ago.

oops yeah your right about fred. Front is set at 70mm because otherwise ill be shovelling snow! I have full lock. Mine are 195/16s.

Id recommend the FKs (if they fit) as i dont think any people on here have experience of the other kits to help you out, and i know the FK kit is good!

So yeah id say with ET38 youd be fine for at least -80mm as thats what im doing after all! Will get some pics up on friday but check out the 35mm or 60mmm thread for a picture of my rear wheel.

-Rob

Clio II and Grand Modus

Thanks........as i´m on 17s 205/40 I think about 60-70mm front and rear is ok for me..........or should I go for different mm front and back??

Had a look at FK and they will lower it -40 to -70mm...cant find the lower

look on k-tecracing.com. Says upto 80mm. Another reason i didnt go as low on the front is that the standard set up looks higher at the front so i thought id try to keep it about the same differene front to rear as OE.

Unless youre mad like Fred i think youd be retarded (or made of money) to roll around at -80mm all the time. Ive already replaced a front splitter!

-Rob

Clio II and Grand Modus

Ha ha no I´m not mad like Fred.........So you are -70mm front and back?? Any pics of the whole car(sideweiv)

It will, i could say mines too low but i aint never going back to 4x4, i now think 60mm looks sh*t! Im turning into a Fred! lol..

-Rob

Clio II and Grand Modus

LOL..........Me too!!! Just want to loose the 4x4 look, so why not do it right once and for all!!!!:D

Mk2 Golf GTI

Rob how much were your coilovers? And are they the highsport model? Also, arent standard cars higher at the back to balance the car under acceleration?

They were 586 including vat (non adjustable). Highsport sounds familiar but id have to check..

Not sure if theyre higher at the back standard but the front arches have more room than the rears which is why i lowered the front less so it had a bigger gap compared to the rear.

-Rob

Mk2 Golf GTI

Didnt realise they were that much!! i thought the adjustables cost that much. i was thinging of getting some FKs later down the line as im too scared to lower it right now! (free insurance wont cover lowering)

Its not cheap, add fitting and setting up (£100) then id completely understand someone backing away but just believe me when i say its worth it! Im only 18 and look like im driving a little Cup racer, the looks i get and smiles from driving it are much better than i would of ever expected! :D