ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How long have you owned yours?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Had mine since May '06 - Covered 86k miles in the old girl now.

Keep wanting rid of it but hard to say goodbye :(

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Maybe but I need to pile some money into it for me to fall in love with it again and I'm reluctant to do so... If I had more space I'd probably get something sensible and keep the Clio and strip it like you have but only got 2 spaces and have 2 cars :(

CLIO 182
About 6 months, intend to keep her till she dies.

When she does, I'll fix it and it'll be a dedicated track toy :)

Almost a year... Can't believe it. As much as I love it, and as much as I intended on keeping it till it broke/I stripped it for track. I have to face facts and I am already hunting for potential replacements!! Just wish I could afford to keep it as a second car!

172 cup
Had a ph2 172 for about 4 months then reluctantly to a saxo vts for about 2 months then to a ph1 172 which i have had for about a month and intend to keep untill it is deed :D

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Christ,

172 Cup.........Dec 2004 - May 2007
182 Cupped....May 2007 - Jan 2008
197 ..............Jan 2008 - Sept 2009
172 Cup.........Sept 2009 - Sept 2010
197 Cup.........Sept 2010 - current.

Dedication, right there. ;)

RS6 C7
Christ,

Whats your favourite and why?

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Just over 12 months, its going soon to be replaced by a megane 225 :D

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Whats your favourite and why?

First Cup I reckon. We had a love hate relationship. The hate parts were it rattled more than the Punto GT I had before it................
Love parts though, wasnt *that* many RS Clios round on H&R coilovers back then, looked fresh as it was still pretty new (paid a smidge over 7k iirc!) So direct, brutal feeling, it was a beaut! Worse one at the time was the 182, never really connected hence owning it for 7 months, bit meh really!

Megane GT
Christ,

How come you went back to a 172 and then back to a 197?

Had my 1.2 a year next week and that was a couple of months old when I got it. Going to get rid of it next year though. Maybe a cheeky 250.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
RE: g@z

Was that a silver one that would often drive from Farndon to Chester via sainsburys?

Nah used to see that, was it not a 172 with Turinis? Mondial is the only colour for a Cup ;)

How come you went back to a 172 and then back to a 197?

House deposit, although looking back I probably should have just kept the 197 as I spent more than I should have on the second Cup!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
It was a beaut!............ and started the addiction :dapprove:

Megane GT
Nah used to see that, was it not a 172 with Turinis? Mondial is the only colour for a Cup ;)

House deposit, although looking back I probably should have just kept the 197 as I spent more than I should have on the second Cup!

Ahh right, thought it would be something like that. :)

197 FF Glacier White
14 months now. No issues and still love driving it! I'm that impressed with it I'm looking at getting a late low mileage 182 FF as my daily as the running costs on these things are very good compared to most of the other cars I've owned. The Cup is a little raw, on my own I don't care, but with a passenger I'm overly aware of it to be honest, the noise especially.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
3 years next january. Just shy of 30k miles - i have to say its been immense - no idea what i'd replace it with for similar money.